PDA

View Full Version : Mini Gloat, Maxi Gloat

Greg Crawford
07-29-2007, 2:21 PM
Mini -

Over the weekend, a man that I've done lots of computer work for took me through his garage and doled out tools to me. He's a very dear friend that's getting old enough he doesn't do many projects that require tools any more. He wouldn't let me pay a thing for the tools, telling me it was just a small part of what my work had been worth. Several useful hand tools, and one old, real metal saber saw with a solid base. The hand saw is an Atkins, but I can't tell what model. It's from the early 60's, and the plate is the same thickness throughout, so not a real jewel, but usable. Of course, there had to be the Stanley Handyman representative, the torpedo level. The most useful for me will be the gun barrel bedding tools and the hand checkering tools. I tried the bedding tools and they cut faster than a rasp and about as smooth as a plane. I'll have to give hand cut molding a try!

Maxi

I've lost my shop for the second weekend in about a month to my son rebuilding his motor.

The gloat is that for over two years, we not only never spoke, but I only laid eyes on him once, literally. I kept sending birthday and Christmas cards and presents, then, early this year, I got a note saying he didn't want to be bitter toward his old man any more. Since then, as you can tell, we've been seeing quite a bit of each other. I think he's enjoying it, but I know I couldn't be much happier (unless he got into ww).

For anyone else that may be in a bad situation, I hope you find as good a result as I was able to.

Bernie May
07-29-2007, 4:55 PM
Any time your child comes back and wants to use your shop is treasure beyond belief. It's not what you use the space for that is important; it's that they fell comfortable working in that space.