PDA

View Full Version : Cut a few blanks this afternoon.

Todd Burch
01-21-2004, 8:11 PM
Today I picked up a trialer load of blank material. I took 8 cherry strips and cut about 235 pen blanks. That's the good news.

Bad news - I have about 400 more strips to cut up!!

I'll be able to comfortably pack 480 pen blanks per box. (12"x12"x12") You guys better start sharpening your gouges!! (Or skews, or scrapers, or whatever you use to make these things.)

I can already tell my carbide band saw blade and chop saw blade will be due for a change over pretty soon. My wife helped me offload the bandsaw, and that really sped things up. What a trooper! (What a pun!)

Back to work... Todd

Kevin Gerstenecker
01-21-2004, 9:01 PM
Sounds great Todd! Us Pen Turners DEEPLY appreciate the help, and don't forget to thank your lovely Bride for us too! Great to have some help, huh? Once the kits arrive, we will be going to town! :D

Tom Sweeney
01-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Fantastic job Todd - WOW 480 Pen Blanks - WOW!
I have to say this Freedom Pens Project is the coolest thing to come down the pike in awhile. A large group of people from all over the country, most who have never met each other, coming together for a fantastic cause. If we all keep our heads on straight & keep the project going this could really end up being a big deal!

Much appreciation to Keith & Ken for hatching the idea & to everyone else involved for all the effort.

Now I better get out to the shop tomorrow & get it set up for pen production! :D Kits and blanks will be here before I know it!

Dennis Peacock
01-22-2004, 12:05 AM
WOW!!!! Todd...that is a lot of cutting there buddy..!!!! I appreciate your effort. Please PM me with a shipping cost, your address and I will get a check on its way to you.

Many thanks for all that you are doing.

Rob Littleton
01-22-2004, 12:15 AM
WOW!!!! Todd...that is a lot of cutting there buddy..!!!! I appreciate your effort. Please PM me with a shipping cost, your address and I will get a check on its way to you.

Many thanks for all that you are doing.

Hey Todd and the others......

YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!!!!!

I am looking at getting a lathe and starting to learn this stuff so I might be a little behind you guys and I dont think I will ever meet your standards but I sure hope put some work out like I've seen on here.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless you all............