PDA

View Full Version : pens for hospital opening

Benjamin Dahl
07-28-2007, 4:31 AM
I am fortunate to work in Africa regularly and through this have met some great people. My latest trip took me back to the Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire and Belgian Congo) where I attended a number of events for the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation (www.dmf.org) (http://www.dmf.org%29), including the opening of their hospital. It was a great event and as I knew there would be a ton of documents to sign I made a few for Dikembe, Juwan Howard and a few others. They were really happy with them and other people wanted to know where I had bought them as they wanted to buy a few. In any case, I was really impressed with the hospital and everything the foundation is doing for the community.
The pens the cigar style using mango, cocobolo, sapelle, kingwood, red palm and mango/walnut. The other picture shows me and Dikembe (he's the tall one).
Thanks,
Ben

Mike Null
07-28-2007, 6:18 AM
Nice story and good looking pens.

Bernie Weishapl
07-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Mighty fine looking pens Ben. Good looking second picture. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Andy Hoyt
07-28-2007, 1:28 PM
Just like water, the written word is a constant and most powerful force. Well done for enabling more of it.

Tom Sherman
07-28-2007, 2:21 PM
Must have made you feel good to have them recieved so well. Great job Ben.