PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know of any good flea markets in VT

Michael Schwartz
07-26-2007, 8:04 PM
Does anybody know of any good flea markets in VT that tend to have alot of tools?

Andrew Homan
07-26-2007, 8:17 PM
Does anybody know of any good flea markets in VT that tend to have alot of tools?

Michael,
No, but Ray Vartuli usually has a stand at the Waterbury flea market. Take 89 to exit 10, then go west on Route 2 and you can't miss the flea market. You should know that he's not always there. Ray has a lot of tools but just brings a few tables full to the flea market.
He also has a pretty extensive selection of tools at his stands in two of the local antiques malls here. One is north of Shelburne on Rte 7, the other is west of Williston on Rte 2.
Have fun.
-Andy

Michael Schwartz
07-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks, by west up Route 2 do you mean north towards Burlington, or is it south in Downtown Waterbury.

I am just south of Waterbury by about 15 miles or so.

I will also have to check out his booths in South Burlington.

Andrew Homan
07-27-2007, 7:24 AM
Thanks, by west up Route 2 do you mean north towards Burlington, or is it south in Downtown Waterbury.

I am just south of Waterbury by about 15 miles or so.

I will also have to check out his booths in South Burlington.

Michael,
If you follow rte 2 from waterbury toward burlington, the flea market is on your right. Like I said, Ray is not always there. However, his tool booths, brimming will galoot madness, are always at the two antiques malls I mentioned. I think that the one north of shelburne is called "Champlain Antique Center" or something like that. (I pass it every day but never really noted the name). The other is in Williston on rte 2, in the same strip mall as the Gardener's Supply outlet.
Ray also sells out of this garage during the week -- contact me off-list and I'll give you his contact info. He has quite a selection and it is very meticulously organized. I've found his pricing to be fair.
-Andy