white oak finished in 3 coats of hardwood floor poly
what do you all think

kevin

Kim Spence
07-26-2007, 6:09 PM
Nice unique piece of work.

glenn bradley
07-26-2007, 6:52 PM
I definitly like that. The warm color and style blend with the plants very well.

Evan Stockton
07-27-2007, 7:39 AM
Sweet!

The LOML is big into plants, so I'm always scheming new ways for her to display her living treasures - This will be one of the many threads I call out to her about - "Hey, Honey - Check this out!"

Question - Does the base (where the plant sits) rotate? Does the whole apparatus rotate off of the arm?

Definitely a cool piece of work - Thanks for sharing!

Kevin Day
07-28-2007, 1:20 AM
Sweet!

The LOML is big into plants, so I'm always scheming new ways for her to display her living treasures - This will be one of the many threads I call out to her about - "Hey, Honey - Check this out!"

Question - Does the base (where the plant sits) rotate? Does the whole apparatus rotate off of the arm?

Definitely a cool piece of work - Thanks for sharing!

hey thanks guys for your great comments

Evan the whole thing rotates off the arm there is a 6" bolt thru the smaller disk at the upper part thats been double nutted and run thru 1/2" copper pipe. i have pictures of my proto type my wife has them on here computer so i will have to wait to post them

i seen this in a photograph and went to the shop to make it took me about 30 min to cut the pcs for the proto type and about 2 hrs to build the white oak version some time this week end i'll try to find the time to draw you some plans if you like

kevin

Charles Jackson III
07-28-2007, 9:10 PM
Nice plant holder.