PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Power Stock Feeder

John Weber
01-21-2004, 1:28 AM
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a power feeder for my shaper. The shaper is a Delta LE with the Deluxe fence. I’ve use the fence both perpendicular and parallel to the miter gage slot. When it’s perpendicular to the slot you have a much larger work surface to work with. However it would crowd the corner of the main shaper table to make mounting the feeder difficult. If I set up to use the fence parallel to the slot, it puts the power feeder in the front corner (kind of), but I think there is room to mount it on the main table. My questions are where do you guys mount your power feeders and how do you use you fence? Also I’m thinking if I stay perpendicular, I could mount the power feeder in the wing, thus avoiding the table interference problem. Would this be a problem if I mounted it right next to the main table (just on the other side of the joint)? The feeder is a ¼ hp model, and weighs around 75 – 80 lbs.

Thanks – John

http://media.ptg-online.com/media/dm/Products/Tools/ExtraLarge/20021129200000_43-455_72dpi_400.jpg

Charles McKinley
01-21-2004, 8:10 PM
Hi John,

On my PM 66 the previous owner mounter the power feeder in the right wing. They drilled through the table. It came out of a production shop based on the contition of the fence and the table. Sorry I don't have any shaper specific help. If you don't get a good answer here you may want to try wood web.

I was soooo tempted to get that shaper at the WW warehouse going out of business sale. That is a sweet machine.

Bobby Hatfield
01-21-2004, 9:05 PM
John here is a pic of the mount for my Steff Maggie 1hp on my 3hp Grizzly.