PDA

View Full Version : Jet shopline jsl6-j Jointer

Brian Keith
07-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Does anyone have any info on this jointer? Thanks

Brian Keith
07-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Looking for any info, bought this with no book, thought I could get one from online but there is no and I mean no info on this jointer. This is my first jointer and would like to know how to adjust it,change knives and the such. Thanks

Chuck Lenz
07-28-2007, 9:11 AM
I tried finding it on the net also Brian, and I came up with THIS THREAD ! LOL You may have to contact JET on this one.

Larry Nall
07-28-2007, 5:09 PM
It was Jet's bargain line. Lowes sold them for a while then they disappeared. It'll do until I'm ready for something larger.
Can't say I'm overly impressed with it. The fence seems to drift off square a lot. Did you have a specific question?

Brian Keith
07-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Larry I would really appreciate it if you still have your manual and could send me some of the more important info in it like knive changes and adjusting. This is my first jointer and not familiar with their adjustments. Thanks

Matt Meiser
07-29-2007, 2:20 PM
Brian, if you have one nearby, I'd stop into a bookstore and check out some of the general woodworking machinery books. Most jointers generally adjust the same way and you could probably find what you are looking for there.

Also, Jet will probably be able to help you out on the manual. It has been my experience that the machinery companies like to get the manuals into the hands of the user--probably because their lawyers think it is a good idea.

Brian Keith
07-29-2007, 2:48 PM
Thanks Matt for the info, Ill be contacting Jet monday to see if they can help me out.

Larry Nall
07-29-2007, 3:59 PM
Brian, I found the manual. I will scan this evening and e-mail to you.
I didn't notice an address in your profile.
If you can send that to me I will get it right to you.

Brian Keith
07-30-2007, 1:02 AM
Larry, I sent you a pm. Thanks, Brian