PDA

View Full Version : Box Elder Burl bowl Turquoise

Curt Fuller
07-25-2007, 9:33 PM
This is a small bowl from a piece of a box elder burl that had some chainsaw cuts edges and a gash in one side from a chainsaw. Most of it still has the natural burl edge. I tried adding a little crushed turquoise along the edges. Somehow I thought the turquoise would be a good idea but something in the way I did it didn't work out like I wanted but I'm not sure what. Comments, critiques, and suggestions appreciated.

TYLER WOOD
07-25-2007, 9:49 PM
My only comments are WOW, outstanding, great form, love the pice, the wood is simply stunning! Not sure about the turquiose though.

Steve Schlumpf
07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow Curt - that's really artful! Beautiful wood, form and finish! Not use to seeing turquoise on wood - so will take me a little while to get used to it. I do like the color combination of the wood and stone. Nice work!

Shannon Grizzell
07-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Fantastic piece, Curt. Love the shape, love the wood. I'm still contemplating the turquoise. I like the color that it adds, but there's a lot of interest already in the grain and the natural edge. Actually, as I look at it, I think the turquoise works well in the chainsaw edge/gash area. Sorta like a treasure hidden in the wood.

Great job!

Bernie Weishapl
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Holy Cow Curt that is a awesome piece. Wow that is so cool.

Paul Zerjay
07-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Curt, It looks as though the shape of the rough blank had alot to do with your final form. I wish I had half the talent you do to be able to visualize this and bring it out. Congradulations on an outstanding piece

mike fuson
07-26-2007, 2:41 AM
I like it Curt, real art work.

Jeffrey Fusaro
07-26-2007, 8:37 AM
nice form, curt. the wood is gorgeous. good "save" on that piece of box elder.

Joseph Peacock
07-26-2007, 9:50 PM
That's very nice Mr.Curt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D ;) :cool:

Dennis Peacock
07-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Curt, Beautiful piece of wood and a nice piece of art that you have made there sir!!! :cool:

joe greiner
07-27-2007, 6:42 AM
Nicely done, Curt. The only "improvement" I can think of would be to have a little more of the turquoise on the rim. Maybe extend the blob in the second pic CW to the break in the rim, and marry the 3 blobs in the third pic. That would give some large regions to mimic the bark in the first pic.

Size and finish, please?

Joe

Tom Sherman
07-27-2007, 10:16 AM
A really cool piece of art Curt, I like the turquoise seems like it almost belongs there.