PDA

View Full Version : Boy did I score last night (super gloat)Pics today

Bill Wyko
07-25-2007, 2:50 PM
Last night my BIL said he wanted to go look at some tools he found on craigs list so of course I said I'd go. I walk in the door and turn to my left and there sits a brand new One Way Stronghold Chuck a live center system a set of jumbo jaws a moisture meter, a One Way Wolverene sharpening system with the Elsworth jig a Crown roughing gouge a drill chuck tailstock and a Crown skew all of which is brand new. I felt bad for the guy, he bought all this to do wood work in retirement and his hands give him too much trouble to use the tools. I was able to come away with all this for 300 bucks. The thing is, My BIL got even more stuff for his money like a Tormek sharpening system with all the accessories available, and I mean all of them. For 300 bucks. His list is too long to post but He really scored big time. I'll post pics tomorrow. Sometimes being in the right place in the right time is just great.:D I'll take pics tonight.

Ok here's the pics of all the loot. The total with the clamps was 320.00:D

Tony De Masi
07-25-2007, 2:59 PM
Bill,

Now you've gone and done it. I don't know how many folks here you've made very green with envy, but count me in that group.

OBTW..congrats on the score.

Tony

Brett Baldwin
07-25-2007, 3:09 PM
Wow Bill, that is quite the score and at the right time too. Looks like Christmas is going to be a bit dull for you this year.;)

Bill Wyko
07-25-2007, 3:14 PM
You can't immagine what I felt when he said 300 bucks takes it all.:eek: :D I couldn't get the money out fast enough. I've been prone to be in the right place every once in a while.

TYLER WOOD
07-25-2007, 3:58 PM
uhhhh someone arrest him for THEFT!!!! You should be utterly ashamed of yourself Bill!

Now for pentance, ship it all to me.

Bill Wyko
07-25-2007, 4:08 PM
:D :D :D :D :D I'm still pinchin myself.:D

Tom Sherman
07-25-2007, 5:04 PM
Awsome Bill, quite the gloat.

Bill Wyko
07-25-2007, 5:09 PM
I think this put me about 2 years ahead on tool acquisitions. I can't wait to get off work and play with my new toys.:D

Pete Jordan
07-25-2007, 5:11 PM
Way to go Bill!

All great stuff!

Bernie Weishapl
07-25-2007, 5:14 PM
Congrats Bill what a haul. You did good my man.

Frank Kobilsek
07-25-2007, 5:15 PM
Bill

Man that is cold. You did this deal face to face with the old boy? Cold Cold Cold. I usually wait til they die, go to the auction and get all that stuff for $50.

Good Gloat, but it is sad to see the future and think someday I'll (We'll) be cleaning out the garage at pennys on the dollar. Why not turn something nice and take to the old boy as an offering to the future old Bill.

Frank

Bill Wyko
07-25-2007, 5:20 PM
Actually I probably will make him something nice. My BIL was going to offer him to build the kitchen he's redoing for materials, a little change in his pocket and a large dose of knowledge. I think this gentleman was a woodworker for many years. Lots of knowledge to be aquired. BTW I forgot to add the 4 18" K clamps he threw in for another 20 bucks.:o

Bill Wyko
07-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Here's a couple more pics.

Tony De Masi
07-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Bill,

It was one this to see in writing what you got for your money but seeing it in picture form really makes me sick. I hope you feel bad for a very long time seeing what you did to that old man. (obviously jk)

We should all have at least one score like this in our lifetime.

Tony

Mark Pruitt
07-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Bill, did I ever mention that I really don't like you very much?
JUST KIDDING of course.....:p :p :p

Congrats on a great score!

Bill Wyko
07-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm gonna turn him something for X-mas. He was a very nice guy and seemed happy to get the money. The tools will go to some great use for a long time too. It would have taken me a year to gather all this stuff. Now I get to jump a year forward.:D

Mike Ramsey
07-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow! Stuff that I dream about! Question, did he have a lathe for sale also?

Bill Wyko
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm just tryin to catch up with you big dogs.:D

Dennis Peacock
07-26-2007, 12:45 PM
:D :D :D :D :D I'm still pinchin myself.:D

Rightly so Bill..!!!!!! Extremely nice haul!!!! I'm jealous. :)

Bill Wyko
07-26-2007, 6:06 PM
This is the stuff urban legends are made of.;) :p :D

Jeff Farris
07-26-2007, 6:34 PM
...but it is sad to see the future and think someday I'll (We'll) be cleaning out the garage at pennys on the dollar....
Frank

Had a customer once tell me that his biggest fear in life is that when he is gone, his wife will sell his tools for what he had told her he paid for them. :D

Bill Wyko
07-26-2007, 7:36 PM
Had a customer once tell me that his biggest fear in life is that when he is gone, his wife will sell his tools for what he had told her he paid for them. :D
DOUGH:eek: Sounds like I'd be in the same shoes.:cool:I know, I'll tell her to sell them for twice what I told her. That way who ever buys them will get 1/2 off.:D

Jim Becker
07-26-2007, 7:41 PM
Man...it's good you piled that stuff on some mustard to help distract folks from the real extent of this awesome gloat... :D

Bill Wyko
07-26-2007, 8:03 PM
HEEHEEHEE:D You know I'm laughing right now.;)

Gary Herrmann
07-26-2007, 9:08 PM
Good for you, Bill. Nice gloat. I'm glad you're going to make the elderly gentleman something, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

At some point, I'm definitely going to have to make a list of what the tools and wood in my shop are worth so my wife can get a decent amount for them. Altho, I hope she'd keep the handtools and maybe the lathe for my son - she doesn't like power tools.

Congrats.

Kurt Loup
07-27-2007, 11:50 AM
This is the stuff urban legends are made of.;) :p :D

How about what you see on the bench plus the lathe for $1500?

http://www.loup-garou.net/sitebuilder/images/jetlathe-543x600.jpg

Patrick Taylor
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
How about what you see on the bench plus the lathe for $1500?

Is that an offer? ;)

Mike A. Smith
07-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Between the new shops, the great wood, the fantastic deals, and the fact you all turn better than I do, it's official. I hate everybody! :rolleyes: :D