PDA

View Full Version : Veritas (LV) Surface Clamp

Doug Shepard
07-25-2007, 2:06 PM
Anybody tried one of these yet?
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&cat=1,43838&p=57059

Nothing shows up on a thread search but these are kind of new. Just wondering if anybody has any feedback yet on these.

Steve Evans
07-25-2007, 2:18 PM
Doug

I got a chance to try out one about a month ago. Definitely fills a niche for those of us with cabinets underneath the top.
There's a a review with a few modifications on another forum, go to canadianwoodworking dot com and search for " Veritas Surface Clamp mini review"

Steve

Doug Shepard
07-25-2007, 6:42 PM
Steve
Thanks for that link. That's a pretty clever little modification he did to it as well. I bookmarked that thread as I think the SMC TOS restrictions on putting links to other forums is likely to end up in the link being removed by one of the moderators.

John Schreiber
07-26-2007, 12:04 AM
If you go to Canadian Woodworking and search for "Veritas Surface Clamp mini review" you will get to the information.

Doug Shepard
07-26-2007, 5:42 AM
If you go to Canadian Woodworking and search for "Veritas Surface Clamp mini review" you will get to the information.

Only problem is that link is also likely to be removed by the moderators although this one might skirt the rules sufficiently to get by:
go to canadianwoodworkingdotcom and and search for "Veritas Surface Clamp mini review :cool:

John Schreiber
07-26-2007, 9:04 AM
My understanding is that that it is acceptable to link to another forum, but not to a specific post in that forum.

The idea behind the policy is that it encourages content at the Creek rather than the use of the Creek as a source for links to other sites. Of course, my post does skirt that theory.

Doug Shepard
07-26-2007, 9:48 AM
Well I thought it was no links to other forums at all, but you could be right on that one. I'm not totally sure now that you bring it up. Maybe we should get the esteemed law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe to review the TOS:D

Tim Sproul
07-26-2007, 2:08 PM
I was hoping they'd work in a 20 mm diameter hole....but alas, I tried it and they don't hold well enough. Tried 20 mm holes bored with a 'Colt' brand brad point from Woodcraft and a 20 mm auger bit purchased from Hida Tool (Japanese tools store). That 0.78 maximum hold diameter might be better put as 0.780 inch diameter.

Zahid Naqvi
07-26-2007, 3:33 PM
since the question was raised, here's the appropriate section from the TOS that covers external linking

3. External Linking
Links to other websites are allowed in posts. In fact, they are
encouraged. However, links for the sole purpose of marketing,
generating traffic to a site, or any other commercial advertisement deemed
to solicit commercial benefit are not allowed. Links to other public or private forums are not allowed. Links should be submitted as references, for the sole purpose of generating or supporting discussions on SawMill Creek.

Sorry guys although the link to the Canadian woodworking forum above is quite appropriate and on the topic I will have to edit it to keep compliance with TOS.