PDA

View Full Version : Supplier fills pen blank wood order in 1 day!

Todd Burch
01-20-2004, 8:46 PM
Well, I went to my supplier this morning to work out my poplar issue, and there, behold, was a unit of fall offs - waiting for me to pick up. Holy Cow!! I'll have to get the trailer tomorrow and go get them before it rains. Better put a new blade on the bandsaw & chopsaw!

I glanced over it quickly, and there is a lot of cherry, oak, walnut, maple, some mahogany and I'm sure other types too. Some of the cherry on top looked like it had some curl to it. :)

This wood was donated to me, and if I need more when this runs out, I'm pretty sure I could get more.

I'll be getting boxes tomorrow too. I have about 6-7 guys that have sent me their address for shipping. I have a lot more wood available than that! So, send me your address! (And help with shipping if you can too)

Todd.

Chris Johnson
01-20-2004, 8:55 PM
Excellent haul! I have several hundred blanks now for my regular use stock, and one of the local Woodcraft guys is donating a bunch of cherry and aromatic cedar for this project. I suspect that more is on the way. I have been telling people I see daily about this, and have already recieved about $85 in pen kit contributions! I have a company that wants me to email a flyer with info on this project so they can support this effort. These are people from all sides of the issue on whether or not we should be there, who totally support our troops. It's nice to see them come together on this.

Well, I went to my supplier this morning to work out my poplar issue, and there, behold, was a unit of fall offs - waiting for me to pick up. Holy Cow!! I'll have to get the trailer tomorrow and go get them before it rains. Better put a new blade on the bandsaw & chopsaw!

I glanced over it quickly, and there is a lot of cherry, oak, walnut, maple, some mahogany and I'm sure other types too. Some of the cherry on top looked like it had some curl to it. :)

This wood was donated to me, and if I need more when this runs out, I'm pretty sure I could get more.

I'll be getting boxes tomorrow too. I have about 6-7 guys that have sent me their address for shipping. I have a lot more wood available than that! So, send me your address! (And help with shipping if you can too)

Todd.