PDA

View Full Version : Great windows wallpaper!

Dominic Greco
07-24-2007, 9:29 PM
I just wanted to post this real quick here. I was browsing through the FWW web site and came across the Studley Tool Box poster they've been selling. Right there in the small print is an offer to download a Windows Wallpaper version of it for FREE. So I figured everyone here would appreciate that.

Just look at the middle of the page for the words "Download wallpaper for your desktop". (can't get much simpler than that, eh?)

HO Studley Tool Box (http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ProjectsAndDesign/ProjectsAndDesignArticle.aspx?id=27038)

See ya around,

Jason Roehl
07-24-2007, 10:15 PM
On my desktop now! Thanks, Dominic!

Bruce Page
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks Dom. I had a lower res but the high res is sweet!

Clint Winterhalter
07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I too just set it as my wall paper. My wife bought me a copy of the orginally poster FWW offered years ago. Its framed and hanging in my office. I actually got to see the real thing 13+ years ago. It was on loan to the Smithsonian Museum in DC (Before it was sold and taken off of display)..
His Norm-ness visited the private collector and showed the chest / before he made his New Yankee Version of it...

Thanks Again...

Clint

John Schreiber
07-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks Dominic, That's a treasure.

Anybody got any other suggestions for woodworking related wallpapers or screen savers?

Dominic Greco
07-25-2007, 7:27 AM
Thanks Dominic, That's a treasure.

Anybody got any other suggestions for woodworking related wallpapers or screen savers?

John,
Lee Valley was kind enough to provide the calendar pages (from their famous had tools calendar) as windows wallpaper. I couldn't find them on the web site. But that doesn't meant they're not there (just that I'm clueless).

Dave Anderson NH
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
The Studley chest has been the wallpaper on my PC at work for over a year. I'll never tire of looking at it.

Steve Clardy
07-25-2007, 9:51 PM
The Studley chest has been the wallpaper on my PC at work for over a year. I'll never tire of looking at it.

Same here. Everyone comments on it also. :D

Dominic Greco
07-26-2007, 7:31 AM
Same here. Everyone comments on it also. :D

I'm getting the same response! I "installed" it yesterday here at work and have gotten several comments about it. It's a real eye catcher.

John Schreiber
07-26-2007, 9:06 AM
I put it on my PC at work, but I found it too busy. I couldn't see the icons on my desktop easily. Bummer.

Dominic Greco
07-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I put it on my PC at work, but I found it too busy. I couldn't see the icons on my desktop easily. Bummer.

John
I've got about 20 icons on my desktop. I've arranged them around the image so that none are on top. Just turn off "Auto Arrange" and move them where you want to.

Carl Eyman
07-31-2007, 10:05 AM
In the Studley poster just to the right of the planes there are three tools that seem to consist of round brass discs some 3 or 4" in diameter. Anyone know what they are?

Ned Bulken
07-31-2007, 11:08 AM
great find, that's where I grabbed my avatar.

James Mittlefehldt
07-31-2007, 4:34 PM
In the Studley poster just to the right of the planes there are three tools that seem to consist of round brass discs some 3 or 4" in diameter. Anyone know what they are?

I have no clue Carl bit if I had to guess, I would say they might be something to use for piano tuning as he was a piano maker, I would guess for setting the tension or something on the wires. Anyone else, I always wondered that myself.

Dominic Greco
07-31-2007, 8:23 PM
I'd love to have one of those National Geographic "ballooned pictures" where it lists all the items shown in the Studley Tool Box. I've spend a good deal of time trying to figure out what is what in this picture. I'd sure love a guide!

John Schreiber
08-01-2007, 1:34 AM
I don't know either, but I'd guess they are piano specific tools.

Here are some links about the chest.

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/studley_1993_tool_chest_article.htm

There's a closeup of those tools about halfway down this page.
http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/tool_chest_made_by_studley.htm