PDA

View Full Version : worth visiting the Grizz Pa Warehouse?

joe pezza
07-24-2007, 6:48 PM
I'll be in the hershey pa area w/familly for vacation, and wondering if its worth a 1 hr drive up to muncie, pa? the grizzly warehouse/showroom.

I wonder if a minivan can carry a new jointer back to RI? ha

as i said to my wife, there is something for everyone on this vacation!

joe p:)

George Morris
07-24-2007, 7:48 PM
The store in Muncy Pa is very nice to put your hands on the equiptment. The sales people are very helpfull and their is also a very large mall next to it and also other outlet stores like gander mt.

John Shuk
07-24-2007, 7:59 PM
Depending on the jointer a minivan can carry it. I might limit it to 6 inch though

Jeffrey Schronce
07-24-2007, 8:05 PM
If you leave the wife and kids behind you can fit the G0490 in there. :eek:

As noted there is a decent sized mall there, no Macys or anything, but still decent. Noticed the off track wagering site next to Grizzly is closed, so no horse action.

Its worth a trip if its not knocking another activity out of your schedule. Remember you will have to pay 6% sales tax.

After going there you can be comforted by knowing you have been to the largest showroom in the US per Grizzly.

Matt Meiser
07-24-2007, 8:27 PM
I agree it is probably worth it even if you don't buy anything. Nice to see the stuff in person. Its been a few years since I was there and we didn't go to the mall.

Wes Bischel
07-24-2007, 9:53 PM
Joe,
Just FYI, it's a bit longer than 1 hour - closer to 2 hours from Hershey.

Wes

Scott Lingle
07-25-2007, 7:39 AM
I live about 45 min away and drop in a few times a year if for nothing else, to check out the as-is 'scratch and dent' area in the back of the store and get a new catalog. There is usually only a few things there as I believe they hold most stuff back for the scratch and dent tent sales. It is great to be able to look at the stuff from the catalog and get a real feel for it. Though I've never been in it, they have a room with tools set up that salespeople will take you in for demos (so I hear).

As for the surroundings, Gander Mt...nice....the mall? well...

Richard Niemiec
07-25-2007, 7:51 AM
Do it, its worth the trip just to see the place. All the inventory is displayed, and that's just not the iron, so its easy to pick up this and that even if you don't get the jointer. My first trip, years ago, was just to see what the stuff looked like (they had a different location, more of a warehouse type place in Williamsport, a little west) and I ended up coming home with a contractor's table saw, and I fit that in the hatchback of a Nissan 300ZX (I had to take it out of the box) so a minivan will work in a pinch. RN

Steve Milito
07-25-2007, 8:09 AM
I'll be in the hershey pa area w/familly for vacation, and wondering if its worth a 1 hr drive up to muncie, pa? the grizzly warehouse/showroom.

I wonder if a minivan can carry a new jointer back to RI? ha

as i said to my wife, there is something for everyone on this vacation!

joe p:)

Send the wife and kids to the amusement park and drive up. Plan on the spending the best part of the day. I left Harrisburg at 10AM and returned at 5PM the last time I went. Then again, I came back with a jointer and a planer.