PDA

View Full Version : flea market finds

Zahid Naqvi
07-23-2007, 2:47 PM
The visit to the "big one" in Memphis was rather disappointing as there was only one tool peddlar, besides a few here and there hidden among other objects. I did manage to pick up two objects: a Craftsman 78 equivalent (no fence or depth stop) and a Wilton vise. The Craftsman I am planning to keep while the Wilton will go on the market as soon as I can figure out how much it might be worth.

Michael Schwartz
07-23-2007, 2:58 PM
Vice is trash, I will help you dispose of it properly :rolleyes:

Jim Nardi
07-23-2007, 3:04 PM
I have that same vise it's awesome. Anything less than a 100 bucks you got a steal.

Zahid Naqvi
07-23-2007, 3:27 PM
Hey Jim, any chance you can post some pictures of yours mounted on a bench. I now have a traditional front vise, the hardware for a tail vise and now this. But no work bench yet, well at least nothing that would hold this kind of hardware. I am on the lookout for lumber to build a bench, but I was thinking I wouldn't need three vices(SP) so probably the Wilton would have to go as I haven't seen it in use.

Richard Niemiec
07-23-2007, 5:22 PM
Zahid: If you're truly going to keep the Craftsman 78, I think I might have a stray fence (no rod, but you can make one of them) for it in the bottom of a box somewhere; it came to me as a result of my very first ebay purchase years and years ago of a Stanley 78 that was allegedly "complete" and until I knew better I could never understand why it was not fitting correctly. A sorta-expensive lesson learned was to closely examine the pictures for incorrect parts. If I can find it you're welcome to it for the postage. I'd rather it do some good for somebody. regards.rn

Zahid Naqvi
07-23-2007, 7:04 PM
Zahid: If you're truly going to keep the Craftsman 78, I think I might have a stray fence (no rod, but you can make one of them) for it in the bottom of a box somewhere; it came to me as a result of my very first ebay purchase years and years ago of a Stanley 78 that was allegedly "complete" and until I knew better I could never understand why it was not fitting correctly. A sorta-expensive lesson learned was to closely examine the pictures for incorrect parts. If I can find it you're welcome to it for the postage. I'd rather it do some good for somebody. regards.rn

That would be fantastic Richard, thanks for your help. If you find one PM me and I will post you a check to cover the postage, I live in zip code 72212.