PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC CorelDraw...

Mike Hawarneh
07-23-2007, 4:39 AM
Hi All:

Is there a version of CorelDraw that can be installed in a pocket PC?

Mike,

Shane Turner
07-23-2007, 4:44 AM
No.
At least not the last 3 versions of Corel. Maybe an earlier version would though. I imagine the hardware is completely incompatable a with pocket PC. I think you need the minimum of windows 98.
There are a few open source vector editing programs out there. Might be worth looking into.

Anthony Welch
07-23-2007, 8:49 AM
Again not wanting steal the thread, but those of you who do have Palm" s or Pocket PC's, what programs, if any, do you use to help you w/your engraving or your business.

I've got a Palm T5 that I use at work (mainly medical references).

Lee DeRaud
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I doubt there's any technical reason Corel couldn't do it, but I can't imagine why they would bother: there simply isn't enough screen real-estate available to make CD useful on a device like that. I don't recall offhand if they list a minimum screen size, but 1024x768 is marginal (IMHO).

(Then again, there apparently are people who want to download movies to watch on their cellphones...again, not so much a question of "how" as a question of "why".)

Craig Hogarth
07-23-2007, 12:38 PM
www.gotomypc.com allows you to get remote access to any computer from your pocket pc. I used to use it quite often in my previous job. Corel works ok on it, a bit of a lag and it'll take some time getting used to having to zoom in, zoom out all the time, but if you're determined, you could probably get the hang of it. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial from their website.

But I agree with Lee in that I see no point in working corel on a pocket pc.