PDA

View Full Version : Wood Picture Albums

Stephen Beckham
07-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Anyone know of a source for the wood Picture Albums. I saw some on Colorado Heirloom page, but I don't want to pay retail to turn around and retail them back out.

Thanks,
Steve

Jim Watkins
07-23-2007, 1:03 AM
Hey Stephan,
I don't know what Colorado Heirloomare is charging, but Laser Bits has them in a few sizes for between $13 and $43.

Stephen Beckham
07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Let's call that a Homer moment... I knew there was someone else that carried those... Thanks...

Steve

George Elston
07-23-2007, 4:59 PM
On the Colorado Heirloom main page click on the "About Us" link, in that link put your cursor over the "f" in general information, and it will take you to their price list. I also would like to know of a cheaper or wholesale vendor, but I have been unable to find a supplier that caries similar products.

Craig Hogarth
07-23-2007, 5:39 PM
On the Colorado Heirloom main page click on the "About Us" link, in that link put your cursor over the "f" in general information, and it will take you to their price list. I also would like to know of a cheaper or wholesale vendor, but I have been unable to find a supplier that caries similar products.

cool. much easier.

:D

Ed Newbold
07-25-2007, 8:05 AM
On the Colorado Heirloom main page click on the "About Us" link, in that link put your cursor over the "f" in general information, and it will take you to their price list. I also would like to know of a cheaper or wholesale vendor, but I have been unable to find a supplier that caries similar products.I met these folks at the Indy show last year. They have really fine products and they said they would wholesale to small biz operators like us. Got their cards, literature and email addresses. Sent them several emails asking for some quotes, asking for advice and other small questions (shipping, qty discounts, etc.). Never heard a peep out of them. Over the course of one year I never received even one response from them.

So I guess the bottom line is that they can have the best products in the world, but if they don't respond to customer inquiries, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Ed Maloney
07-25-2007, 8:53 AM
I've ordered from them several times with no problems via email. Sherene is usually the one that replies to emails and she's been great. I don't know how long Sherene has been there, but maybe give it another shot Ed if it's been awhile.

Ed Newbold
07-25-2007, 9:40 AM
I've ordered from them several times with no problems via email. Sherene is usually the one that replies to emails and she's been great. I don't know how long Sherene has been there, but maybe give it another shot Ed if it's been awhile.I'll shoot a test note to her this morning and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice, Ed.

Stephen Beckham
07-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Ed,

I got a message back yesterday and it was Sherene... She said the prices listed are wholesale and that you can get a price break for multiple quantities. She added that the price breaks usually start at 25 items ordered. I also got good response from them, but never tried for a quantity discount.

I was simply looking for a source for my flea-marketeers. The current customer doesn't want to pay more than $35 for a wood photo album with etching of photos on it. She doesn't understand what she's asking for and no matter what I say at this point, it's going to be too much!

I tried to explain to her that a simple 8X10 plaque engraved with photos would be $35ish - now add a frame with hinge and document protectors for photos, the back piece of wood with a deer head etched on it as well... And charge the same amount??!?!? I got the all-familiar "well I didn't expect it to cost that much."

Of course - the wife being good friends with her has told her I can work her a special deal... I mentioned a hammer and chisel that I'd loan her to do the etching at the "special deal" price... :rolleyes:

Joni Campbell
08-04-2007, 4:32 PM
I thought sign warehouse carried them... http://www.signwarehouse.com/ENBLNKSWD-p-EN-LB-WHK-116.html

Stephen Beckham
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Joni - thanks... You confirmed for me that Laserbits is not the only supplier of the same item. I'm all about finding out the source so I can cut out a middle man. Both Signwarehouse and Laserbits are carrying the same item for the same price.

Where is that source... Hmmmm...:confused:

As it turns out for my project - I'm going to have to break down and make one myself - my customer not only wanted a picture album, but she wants it specifically sized and designed... Okay - that's why they call it custom.

Kevin Payne
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
The reason SignWarehouse carries the same thing is that they are a reseller for Laserbits. I believe you can get most things you see on Laserbits from SignWarehouse as well.