PDA

View Full Version : All Done With Shop Electrical

Alan Tolchinsky
07-22-2007, 5:06 PM
and waiting for my final inspection. I got all my outlets with "screw clamp" terminals for hots and neutrals. So no crimp ons were needed there. But some of these outlets didn't have "screw clamp" terminals for the grounds. For these I did crimp on connections but there weren't that many. I made sure when I crimped they were very tight and didn't see any movement with pliers pulling on them hard to test. All my circuits work including the GFI test and I'm all done and waiting for final inspection. I did six circuits including three 220's and it was a fair amount of work with cutting and mounting conduit, mounting the subpanel, boxes, etc, and pulling the wires. But I always liked doing electrical work so it wasn't too bad.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME WITH THIS PROJECT.

Jim O'Dell
07-22-2007, 7:40 PM
Good news!! I felt when I got the electrical on, that I had made a huge step. I bet you'll feel the same way. It's so nice to be able to plug in for power and run as much stuff as you want, instead of tripping over the electrical cord that runs one thing at a time! Jim.

Alan Tolchinsky
07-22-2007, 7:54 PM
Jim, That's exactly what I was doing: "tripping over cords". I had one outlet to work with and you may know what that's like. It wasn't good but I still managed to build shop cabinets and a some home storage. It's going to be a lot more pleasant now though. Cheers! Alan