PDA

View Full Version : Visit from a Creeker...

Jim Becker
01-19-2004, 9:07 PM
Ken Robb stopped by this evening as he was in the area on business. We had a nice chat and I now have a couple of nice pieces of rhododendron to turn! I first met Ken in person two weeks ago when we met "half way" so he could give a good home to my Jet 14" bandsaw and it was great to get together again. (We're both smiling because is was dang cold in the shop and a hard smile was the best way to avoid shivering in front of the camera... :D )

Kevin Murdock
01-19-2004, 9:45 PM
We're both smiling because is was dang cold in the shop and a hard smile was the best way to avoid shivering in front of the camera... :D )

And here I was thinking that you were forcing a smile because you were grinding your teeth while whispering...

"I'll say it for the last time, take your hand off my new minimax jointer/planer. It's mine, and you can't take it home with you." :D :D :D :D

Couldn't resist. :eek:

/Kevin

Jim Becker
01-19-2004, 9:49 PM
And here I was thinking that you were forcing a smile because you were grinding your teeth while whispering...

"I'll say it for the last time, take your hand off my new minimax jointer/planer. It's mine, and you can't take it home with you."

Well, right idea...I had just got done saying my normal and favorite smile getter for photography..."Ok, say 'Sex' " The cold was just an additional excuse... :D

John Miliunas
01-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Ahem. Ken had a nice warm leather jacket on. His palms were actually sweaty. If I were you, I'd go polish that palm print off the AC carrier before it turns to rust! :D

Damn, I wish you guys didn't live so dern far away! I'm sure you enjoyed your visit! :cool:

Jim Becker
01-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Damn, I wish you guys didn't live so dern far away! I'm sure you enjoyed your visit!

Well, you know...they have these things called "trains, planes and automobiles"...call it a lumber investigatory trip, do some mill-hopping through OH and PA and visit all your friends in the 'East.

Daniel Rabinovitz
01-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Ah! It does our hearts good to see such learned looking gentlemen discuss woodworking. ;)
Daniel

Jim Becker
01-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Ah! It does our hearts good to see such learned looking gentlemen discuss woodworking.

Ken looks learned. I just look cold and overweight!