PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll are shed of me for 10 days.......

Ken Fitzgerald
07-21-2007, 12:15 AM
I've been batching it for 2 weeks. I'm cleaning house, doing laundry. At 0600 in the morning, I'm headed for Illinois.

Monday, the LOML and I are driving to Arkansas. I've been sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out the last time I drove through Arkansas. It must have been in February of 1976 when I took my wife and kids to live with the ILs while I went to a ship out of Charleston, SC for the final 8 months of my 8 year US Navy enlistment.

Dennis Peacock has promised to show me how to properly wear coveralls. You don't see them much out here.

It's a quick trip down on Monday and back on Tuesday.

Wednesday, my 3 kids, their spouses and my 2 grandaughters, spouses and my 2 great grandkids start arriving in Illinois for a family get together on boths sides of our family. Neither my Mom nor Sharon's Mom have seen their great great grandkids. I can' wait to see the gleam in their eyes when they pick up 12 month old Riley or 8 month old little Hughe! Saturday ....5 generation photos on both sides of the family.

Sunday....a combined family cookout at my sisters in Odell IL.

There is a distinct possibility that former Creeker Larry Merlau may drive down from Michigan to attend the cookout. What some folks won't do for a good feed and a cold brew!

I can't wait to shake Dennis's hand and Larry's hand!

I can't wait to see the gleam in our Mothers" eyes!

See you in 10 days!

Brent Dowell
07-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Party On!

(I'm jealous. I love a good road trip)

Jim Becker
07-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Enjoy!!!!!!!! And safe travels........

James Rambo
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM
I went to Arkansas last October. Drove from Florida though Georgia and points west. What a beautiful state. Ended up at the west end of my trip in Bull Shoales, Arkansas (north west corner) to see a family friend of loml. Then went to missouri, to look at a peice of property to buy and then on to Valpraiso (spelling?) illinois, home of Orvill Redenbacher (popcorn king), what a week. 3200 miles in 8 days. Lots of time to think what to work on when I got home. A cousin of mine is supposed to be working on a family gathering somewhere between Connecticut and Florida to take place this year.

Brett Baldwin
07-21-2007, 1:36 PM
Five generations together, that's quite a gathering. Safe travels and enjoy all your visits.

Dennis Peacock
07-23-2007, 5:21 PM
Well, let's just say.....I'm just a little excited about Ken making a visit to lil' ol' Conway, Arkysaw!!!!!

Steve Clardy
07-23-2007, 9:40 PM
Dig out some coveralls for ol' Ken, and take his shoes and socks away from him ;)

Andy Hoyt
07-23-2007, 9:43 PM
Umm, Steve.

Do we even know if Dennis will recognize a pair of shoes when he sees 'em?

Steve Clardy
07-23-2007, 9:49 PM
Umm, Steve.

Do we even know if Dennis will recognize a pair of shoes when he sees 'em?

Hmmm.:confused: Maybe not. :D :D :D

He sure knows what a fishing pole is though ;) :D

Dennis Peacock
07-24-2007, 9:34 AM
Dig out some coveralls for ol' Ken, and take his shoes and socks away from him ;)

Steve,

Bib overalls I can easily find, but I'm still trying to figure out what "socks and shoes" are. Must be sumpin you northern folks have.

Steve Clardy
07-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Steve,

Bib overalls I can easily find, but I'm still trying to figure out what "socks and shoes" are. Must be sumpin you northern folks have.

Lol. When we moved from Arkansas to Kansas when I was just a pup:eek: , they were handing those out at the state line. Took me a while to figure out what they were :confused: :D :D :D

Dennis Peacock
07-26-2007, 9:09 PM
OK...here's proof that Ken Fitzgerald and Tod Evans came by for a visit to see this ol' country boy. :D

I sure did enjoy the visit with Ken, the LOHL Sharon, and Tod Evans.

In the pic is, from left to right:
Ken Fitzgerald
Tod Evans
Samuel Peacock (my oldest son)

Andy Hoyt
07-26-2007, 9:49 PM
So who's got the deeper voice? Ken or Tod:D

Steve Clardy
07-26-2007, 9:54 PM
Yup. Thats tod'o. :)

Where's his smoking pipe :confused:

Jim Becker
07-27-2007, 8:10 AM
"Interesting" looking crew....looks like a great visit to the Peacock Ranch!!

Andy Hoyt
07-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm guessing that Ken will be back any day now.

And rumor has it that he's sporting a new look, all thanks to Mother Peacock's Rejuvenating Cream. According to informant who desires anonymity when discussing family matters, he made the mistake of chugging a twelve ounce Moxie at the same time. The results are impressive.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/AndyHoyt944/fitz.gif

Steve Clardy
07-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Woooo................

Thats the new Ken :eek:

:D :D :D

Barry Stratton
07-29-2007, 2:17 PM
Whoa!! Looks pounds lighter and years younger.....:D

Ken Fitzgerald
07-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Way to go Hoyt!

I'm sitting in the public library using their computer. When I broke out laughing and slapping my legs.....I got reminded you weren't allowed to be loud in the library!:D

Mark Cothren
07-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Too bad no other Creekers in the area you could have met while you were here....:rolleyes: Now I've got a complex...