PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Graphics

Joe Pelonio
07-20-2007, 6:51 PM
I just got back from doing a Sprinter Van for a local auto group. I did one Monday when it was over 80, today it was pouring rain so I had to use a service bay in one of the dealerships. They have another coming in a few weeks.

For those of you starting out on vinyl these are great customers, they also need signs, courtesy shuttle vans lettered, and vinyl logos to go on their loaner cars.

Vehicles are very profitable jobs, if you do the installation. It was 2.5 hours prepping the vinyl in the shop, and 4 hours to install. I had estimated 5 hours to install so that's what I charged for, after all, these are car dealers (service shop time books!)

Mike Null
07-20-2007, 7:57 PM
Joe

That's really great work. Did you do the design as well?

Keith Outten
07-20-2007, 9:55 PM
Very nice Joe.

Vinyl work isn't as easy as it looks, the more I read on the subject the more I worry about taking on any vinyl work. Maybe a training session would be the best way to get started.

Joe Pelonio
07-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Mike. I did do the design, and it took several proofs back and forth. I work with a guy that coordinates among all the dealerships but the actual owner has to approve everything. These Sprinters are parts vans and they're buying one for each of the 5 dealerships they own.

Keith,
You can learn a lot by practice, with some trial and error on signs in the shop, but on vehicles it probably is best to watch/help someone first. Plain vans and truck doors are easy, but these with a lot of curves and ridges, and trucks with rivets take a lot of practice.