PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from NYC?

Evan Stockton
07-20-2007, 5:18 PM
Hi all...

Just curious to know whether or not there are any Creekers within the 5 bouroughs, and if so, what's your favorite place to pick up materials?

I make a run to the Home Depot in Yonkers (as well as in Bel Air, Maryland when we're down seeing the wife's side of the family)...There's also a little home improvement store on 125th Street (between 5th & Lenox) that has a (very) limited supply of, well, supplies...Just curious...

Thanks for reading!

Jim Becker
07-20-2007, 9:59 PM
Not from NYC, but you're lucky...you can shop more often than I for nice hand tools at ToolsForWorkingWood.com in Manhattan! {jealousy imoticon goes here}

I'm going to suspect that "importing" materials for major projects may be more cost effective than buying "in town". That includes selection, price and taxation. But I could be wrong about that. And on your runs to Bel Air, it's not that far out of your way to hit Hearne Hardwoods (http://www.hearnhardwoods.com) in Oxford PA as you can shoot up 272 into PA. (A real candy store!)

Evan Stockton
07-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey, thanks Jim - I'm going to check both out now!

Evan Stockton
07-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Whoa - ToolsForWorkingWood.com is an awesome resource! Anyone who hasn't checked it out, should - Even if you're not in the NYC area.

Incidentally, they're moving from they're Manhattan location out to Brooklyn - A bit farther from me, but still within a very comfortable distance...I requested a catalog, and I can't wait to receive it...

Thanks again for a great lead!