PDA

View Full Version : Kreg Klamp table

Scott Loven
07-20-2007, 8:56 AM
I saw one (http://www.kregtool.com/profitEdge_assets/KlampTable.html) the other day and liked it, what do you think? I told the sales guy that I would like it even more if they would put a router plate in the center.
Scott
http://216.119.73.43/products/images/news_28.jpg

Maurice Ungaro
07-20-2007, 8:59 AM
Scott,
It looks like an intriguing idea. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to make one up yourself - with the router insert the way you want it.

Don Bullock
07-20-2007, 9:29 AM
While I've only seen pictures, the table seems to be a very good idea. Maurice has a good idea. I wonder how difficult it would be to make something like this. All the parts are available. That's worth some consideration. Thanks Maurice.

Scott Loven
07-20-2007, 9:32 AM
The table is 1.5" thick or so. They will be selling the rails etc. as separate components so I should add them to my existing router table. I was thinking that you could add a blank plate with another clamp to put in the router plate hole when you wanted to do clamping in the center of the table. I think that a lot of small cabinet shops would like it as a dedicated clamping table, but I think that weekend woodworkers would be more interested in a multi-purpose work station.
Scott

Bruce Benjamin
07-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I was thinking that you could add a blank plate with another clamp to put in the router plate hole when you wanted to do clamping in the center of the table. Scott

Good idea but unlike a regular router plate, this clamp plate would have to be secured to the table. Otherwise, it would lift up everytime you tried to clamp something down unless what you were clamping was right on top of the plate. Some screws into threaded inserts should do the trick.

Bruce

Dave Lehnert
07-20-2007, 3:47 PM
I also like the idea but feel it would take up too much room in my shop for what it accomplishes. I have no idea what the cost is but bet it is expensive.

Scott Loven
07-20-2007, 4:46 PM
I also like the idea but feel it would take up too much room in my shop for what it accomplishes. I have no idea what the cost is but bet it is expensive.
$400 for the full-up system.
$250 without the leg set.
$44 for the Klamp trak.

Scott