PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
07-20-2007, 6:47 AM
Friday July 20th, 2007

GOOOOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!! :)

Well another week has come and is about to give way to what will hopefully be a great weekend.

It's been a hot and humid week here in this part of Cheeseland. Worse than that we've not had any rain for about 3 weeks and the last rain we had was only about 4/10ths of an inch. I'm still dragging the hose around trying to keep the lawn green. And I'm also still trying to get the rest of the moles. I say rest, because I've already nabbed 6. Near as I can figure I've still got at least 2 more. I will prevail.

Grandkids [4] are coming Saturday to spend 2 weeks. LOML is taking vacation time to try and keep them amused. Should be a fun time. Not sure what I'll get accomplished this weekend.

Nancy is finishing up in Vegas. Safe trip home Nancy and thanks for the updates. Al must be getting ready to try out that new boat. The Wisconsin River is only about 1/2 mile from my house and I still need to clean the shop. HINT, HINT.

So what's on the agenda for the rest of you?? Hopefully it will include some WW'ing, but if not make it something you enjoy. Whatever you're up to, make it enjoyable and above all SAFE.

Karl

Ned Bulken
07-20-2007, 6:51 AM
Hopefully I'll get the rest of the OSB installed tonight or tomorrow, and then next week will be trusses and roof...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/Nbulken/The%20Shop/DSC02120.jpg

Matt Meiser
07-20-2007, 7:31 AM
I need to do some tree trimming and fit up all of the doors on the bathroom cabinets. Hopefully I'll also get some time to do some welding for my neighbor on their finish mower. And tomorrow afternoon/evening we are heading to the local antique tractor show.

Art Mulder
07-20-2007, 7:33 AM
So what's on the agenda for the rest of you?? Hopefully it will include some WW'ing, but if not make it something you enjoy.

Reading the new Harry Potter book!!! :D

(c'mon Creekers, 'fess up!)

...art

ps: and going to the beach. And hopefully working on some dresser drawers.

Matt Meiser
07-20-2007, 8:07 AM
Reading the new Harry Potter book!!! :D

(c'mon Creekers, 'fess up!)

Yeah right--like your kids are going to let you have it before they are done with it? Or are you buying everyone a copy to avoid domestic disturbance? :D

Jim O'Dell
07-20-2007, 8:28 AM
Hopefully back on the torsion box construction this weekend. Got some cash to go get the final sheet of MDF needed. Worked for a little while last night finishing up the temporary extension for the TS to make a long enough flat platform to build this thing on. We'll see how it goes! Jim.

Al Willits
07-20-2007, 8:42 AM
Potter?
As soon as I can walk in and not fight the herds I'll probably get the book, enjoy the books, not the lines waiting to get them.

Karl.....My buddy....hate to do this to ya, and I've found another road that leave Mpls and I'm sure you live on it...but I do have 18' of alumimun boat sitting in my back yard that's screaming to go find a lake and play.

So to keep harmony in the household I HAVE to take her out, wife and the boat I mean...:D

Other than that, I discovered a couple of sags on the finish to the storage cabinet doors, so I've already sanded them down and will recoat them Sat morn or tonight.

Also, Beasty says the brick molding on the kitchen window will get done this weekend (unless it rains) or she will not tell me where she hid the boat keys....she can be a demanding taskmaster at times...so she works till noon on Sat and I'll be trying to cut brick molding and loading the boat.

Probably end up reaching into the baitwell and coming up with Titebond three....:)

Maybe next week Karl...:)

Al....who finally has a clean shop and a boat that's higher than the door to get it in...grrrrrrr

Jim Becker
07-20-2007, 8:54 AM
I have to mow the lawn...it's got two weeks of rainy, humid growth due to my Shanghai trip...entertain a visiting 'Creeker Saturday night, and maybe get some shop time in.

Tyler Howell
07-20-2007, 8:56 AM
In town this weekend,
Got to get this house ready for sale.
Read the first three HP Books. Already saw#5 movie. I liked it but those kids are getting old.
Going to move some tools out of the basement for the venture north.
Build framing for a shower stall and do some siding on the garage.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-20-2007, 9:34 AM
Ya'll be shed of me for 10 days. Tomorrow bright and early, I fly out to central Illinois for a 5 generation gathering on both sides of Sharon's and my families. Our mothers have never seen our greatgrandkids. Our 3 kids and spouses, our 2 granddaughters and spouses and our great grandson and great granddaughter will be coming to the gathering. I can't wait to see the light in our mothers' eyes when the snatch up their great, great grandchildren for the first time!

Monday, I'm driving to Conway, Arkansas for a Creeker visit!

BTW....excuse the "Ya'll" .....I'm practicing Ary-nese....:D

Nancy Laird
07-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Monday, I'm driving to Conway, Arkansas for a Creeker visit!

BTW....excuse the "Ya'll" .....I'm practicing Ary-nese....:D

I think I'm a little jealous, Ken, about your visit to Conway and Dennis and Mark. Better take an extra bag or box for all the goodies that those two will shower on you. Better yet, contact the local Greyhound station first thing to find out where it is and arrange for shipment. You're gonna have a ball!

Yep, we're finishing up in Vegas - and Monday morning we are off to Colorado for a much-needed and well-earned vacation...where it's COOLER than Vegas.

Nancy

Reg Mitchell
07-20-2007, 11:08 AM
going to build a cpl medicin cabinets for a bathroom in the house I am selling and trim a cpl doors. The litle cabintes are cool. I lived there for 7 yrs without them but the new owner wanted one so since it hasent closed yet I thought it pertinant to abide
Reg

Don Orr
07-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Going to a friends on Sat to pick up a load of fresh cut Cherry for turning blanks:D . Hope to be able to get them all sealed too.

Sunday is our woodworking club picnic. Demos, food, fun:) . I'm entering the planing contest-first time for me. We also have tape measure races-plain and wheeled:eek: . They built an electronicly timed track with spring loaded starting gate. It's pretty neat!

Have a great weekend everybody,

glenn bradley
07-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Dropping LOML's daughter off in Arizona tonight for a two week visit with some friends. I'm glad California is so skinny, its only about 4 hours to the border. Saturday LOML and I drive back and go straight to the ball game.

Sunday may just be a recovery day ;-)

Art Mulder
07-20-2007, 1:19 PM
Yeah right--like your kids are going to let you have it before they are done with it? Or are you buying everyone a copy to avoid domestic disturbance? :D

My oldest is only 10, and has only read #1-3. I'm the big fantasy reader in the family. Yes, I admit it, it's my book.:p

Matt Moore
07-20-2007, 4:18 PM
My son as been asking to build a bird house. He is 7 and is really into birds right now. We are going to do that together.

I am also going to working making some supers (boxes hold frames for bees to store honey) for my beehives.

Also, yardwork and changing the oil in my vehicles.

That will be enough. Wish the weekends were longer.

Steve Clardy
07-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Not sure, but I think I've been snickered into working on the new pen for the 4 new "critters" that the wife purchased. :rolleyes:
Hairy little critters :eek: , that have wool on them ;)

I'm plumb tuckered out to think about it too much though.
I ripped out an old kitchen cabinet set and installed the new kitchen cabinets in a customers house in a day and a half, so I'm really dragging tonight. :o :D

Jude Kingery
07-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Fun to read what everyone's up to - we'll head off to visit good friends in Midland (about 3 hour drive) and they're having a big BBQ bash. Fortuantely, I finished all the mowing today, so can play tomorrow there, then on Sunday we'll come back and I'll give this huge Cherry blank a whirl! Have a good one! Jude