PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell Delta Pro 6" jointer

Brian Keith
07-20-2007, 2:16 AM
Rockwell Delta Pro 6" jointer for sale locally and it is priced at $375, is this a good price? I havent seen it yet. Comes with a enclosed base. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bob Aquino
07-20-2007, 6:42 AM
Seems a little high for an older 6 inch jointer, but it is most likely american made if that makes a difference to you.

Rick Lizek
07-20-2007, 9:06 AM
The pro line of Delta jointers is patterned after the old American Delta jointers. The parallelogram design should be called the "pro" line so it's a bit confusing to the hobbyists. The pro line is actually a hobbyists machine and certainly made overseas.
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=962-067

Steve Roxberg
07-20-2007, 9:10 AM
Rockwell Delta Pro 6" jointer for sale locally and it is priced at $375, is this a good price? I havent seen it yet. Comes with a enclosed base. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I sold mine for $350 with a mobile base, and a new set of knives in the box. So that price may be a little high.

Kirk Poore
07-20-2007, 9:18 AM

If it's really a Rockwell Delta, that would probably place it as a 60's - early 70's era machine. If it's been restored, it's probably worth it. If it's a rust bucket but the parts are there and nothing's broken, you're going to need to put in a fair amount of work, but you can make it into a very good machine. If there's many parts missing, broken, or worn out (bearing seats wallowed out, for instance), you should pass. If the enclosed base is the cast iron Art Deco style, you can sell that and probably get half your money back.

Kirk

Chuck Lenz
07-20-2007, 9:24 AM
I guess it depends on what shape it is in and what size motor is on it. I just bought a Rockwell 6" jointer 37-220, from what I can tell it was made in one of the last years of Rockwell, early 70's. The jointer apears to be in pretty nice shape, very little rust before I buffed it out, the motor is a dual voltage 1 1/2 hp, 3450 rpm Rockwell but the capacitor cover is missing and the capacitor was duct taped to the motor, the motor seems to run ok but I have to find a cover for the capacitor and the bearings sound a little dry, so I would like to have it checked out at a motor shop. Generally these jointers came with 1/2 hp, 3/4 hp, and 1 hp motors that spun at 1725 rpm. So I'm thinking the motor I got with it was from a tablesaw. And last of all I didn't get a stand, so I need to find stand. I paid $160 for it. I don't know that I got a great deal on it considering what I need to do to get it up and running, but I don't think I got took either. The nice thing about the one your looking at is everything is there, the way it came from the factory. But it's hard to say what it is worth without seeing it and running it.