PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 14.4V Batteries?

Dominic Greco
01-19-2004, 1:20 PM
Two posts within the hour! Yes, I've been pretty busy this weekend. :>)

During the "home remodeling phase" of the weekend, I was using my 14V bosch Drill to attach some drywall when it dropped out of my hand and hit the floor. It looked OK at first until I noticed that the battery kept on falling out of the drill. It was then that I saw that one of the little plastic clips on the side of the battery, that holds it in place on the drill was broken.

I've had this drill for about (4) years and used it pretty hard. I'm actually quite happy with it's performance. But recently, in addition to this mishap, one of the batteries was refusing to charge. So it looks like its time I bought (2) new ones.

Amazon has a Bosch BAT040 14.4 Volt Battery Pack (Fits Bosch model 3660 Cordless Drill/Driver) on sale for $69.99. I believe this to be the right one for my drill. But I need to check the model number.

Before I go and spend this amount on (2) batteries, is there an alternate source that is more economical? And I'm talking about the entire battery, case and all. I have a feeling that I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and pay the 70 bucks. But thats not so bad. At the same time I may buy a new filter bag and shop vac connector for my 6" Bosch ROS from Amazon.

Thanks for the help.

John Weber
01-19-2004, 2:57 PM
Dom,

Check ebay, I've sold and bought some batteries and did well each way. To bad you didn't have a Makita 14.4v drill, I have 4 batteries and just listed the first one today ($15 start I think).

John