PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt CMS problem/parts help

Paul Greathouse
07-19-2007, 8:49 PM
I have a two part question in regards to a problem that I am having with my 12" Dewalt CMS DW705. I bought this saw new well over 10 years ago and love it but recently it is starting to feel its age. I used to do alot of Trimout and Cabinet work so the saw did see some heavy use before it was retired to its present job in my woodworking shop.

Part of the problem is the switch. It fails to turn off when released. I have to flick/snap at the switch with my finger to get it to shut the saw down. It has been doing this for while now, not such a big deal but recently it has been kind of struggling to come up to speed. After it comes up to speed it runs smooth but it dosn't seem to be as strong as it used to be. I was thinking maybe its time to change the brushes. Any other diagnosis/thoughts will be Thankfully accepted.

The second part of the question is, I have found the parts on 3 different internet sites. The price difference will not be a determining factor, roughly the same and really cheap too. I was hoping maybe some of you had dealt with one or more of these companies and could direct me as to which would be the best to deal with.

They are:
toolpartsdirect.com
ereplacementparts.com
mendingshed.com

Steve Clardy
07-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I would suggest to remove the switch and blow it out first.
That may fix the sticky.

I did that to one of mine some time ago.

I've never bought any parts for my 4 dewalts, so can't recommend a parts site.

Brushes would probably be a good idea, with the age of the saw

Paul Greathouse
07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try. Do you have the shop all back to normal after the roof mishap last winter?

Steve Clardy
07-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try. Do you have the shop all back to normal after the roof mishap last winter?

Almost. Never normal around here :confused: ;) :D

Couple of touch up's on inside wall paneling, and one minor roof thing [block the new tin up a tad for about 8']. Other than that, its all done.:D

Thanks for asking :D :D

Been to busy working to worry about those items right now.

Nancy DaytonButler
07-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I used ereplacementparts.com to replace the kerf plates on my DeWalt 12" SCMS. The price was good with exceptionally quick shipping. I would definitely use them again.

Paul Greathouse
07-19-2007, 11:42 PM
I used ereplacementparts.com to replace the kerf plates on my DeWalt 12" SCMS. The price was good with exceptionally quick shipping. I would definitely use them again.

Thanks Nancy, and welcome to the forum.