PDA

View Full Version : Box Joint Jig

Matt Moore
07-19-2007, 2:39 PM
I searched but the words "box" and "jig" are too short and therefore only the word "joint" is searched and that did not help much.

I am looking for a plan for a simple box joint jig for 3/4". It can be fixed or adjustable.

Got a link to one or some pictures, etc.

Larry Fox
07-19-2007, 2:48 PM
Easily made in the shop. The NYW has an episode (you cal likely search the site) where he makes one in about 5 minutes. Rides in the mitre slot and has a protruding block that you index off of for the first one and you place the slot cut with the dado over it for subsequent cuts. You also need a piece of stock the width of one of the fingers to get the party started on the opposing board.

Grant Wilkinson
07-19-2007, 3:02 PM
Matt

Search in Google for "box joint jig" and you will find more than you want. Put quotes around it. Here is one http://sawdustmaking.com/Box%20Joint/boxjointjig.html

Dave Hale
07-19-2007, 3:16 PM
Do what Grant said, but use the 'Google' option in drop-down box of SMC search.
Google will only look on SMC then.

Bill Wyko
07-19-2007, 4:31 PM
Check on DIY network. Norm buiult a jig on a recent re-run and it looked pretty fool proof.

Matt Moore
07-19-2007, 5:32 PM
Thanks everyone. I tried the google search on SMC and it worked well.

glenn bradley
07-19-2007, 10:59 PM
I've watched Gary Rogowski use the type in Grants link. He seemed to do quite well with it and states that it is the type he "whips up" whenever he needs one.

Matt Moore
07-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I make a simple one tonight. Took me about 30 minutes I suppose. Next time it will probably take 10. It works well.

Thanks