PDA

View Full Version : ACouple Turnings

Ed Scolforo
07-18-2007, 6:37 PM
I haven't posted in awhile, ever since that strange phenomenon called summer, with WARM WEATHER pushed me out of the basement workshop a few months ago. Now it's a stuffy 76 degrees down there, :p and too warm to turn. I'm posting a few things I've done just so you don't think I got lost. I made a 35th wedding anniversary salad bowl for two from mesquite. If it looks a little worn it's because it's been used regularly. I also made a French rolling pin for my wife, who likes to bake. Lastly is a mesquite bowl, 9x 4.5, antique oil finished and buffed. It's a form I've been wanting to try for awhile. Sorry, but the pictures are lousy.
Ed

Pete Jordan
07-18-2007, 7:02 PM
Great Job Ed!

Very nice wood and you did wonderful work with them!

Dick Parr
07-18-2007, 7:07 PM
Great job Ed, they all look great. Love the rolling pin.;)

Bernie Weishapl
07-18-2007, 9:19 PM
Well done Ed. I like the rolling pin. Gotta love the mesquite.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-18-2007, 9:46 PM
Nicely done Ed! What wood did you use for the rolling pin?

Ed Scolforo
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the comments. Ken, I used a piece of maple from a tree that my neighbor had taken out. Not much figure to it, but it was nice and straight and the right dimension for a rolling pin.
Ed

Neal Addy
07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Great stuff, Ed! I especially like the first bowl. Very clean and elegant.

Know what you mean about warm. It was 104 in my 'shop' today. I won't be turning for a while.

Steve Schlumpf
07-19-2007, 9:29 AM
Very nice work Ed! I really like the bowls - specially the second one! Hope this means you are going to start posting more often!