PDA

View Full Version : Marvel 3in1 Router...MLCS

Larry Anderson
07-18-2007, 5:53 PM
Anybody use on of these? Is it comparable to the Bosch trim router or would you spend a few bucks more and get the Bosch?
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/sp070717.htm

Larry

Brian Hale
07-18-2007, 6:09 PM
I can't comment on the quality of the tool but i'd perfer a variable speed to a single speed 30,000 rpm.

Brian :)

Doug Shepard
07-18-2007, 6:36 PM
I've never used one but my first thought was why the big honkin handle on a small trim router? Holding your hand around these is usually about all the control you'd want. Hopefully that's something that can be removed. It looks like it would be more hindrance than help and might even tend to make it tippy. FYI - you can get 1/8" aftermarket collets for 1/4" routers if you're wanting to be able to use the Dremel type bits. I think I picked one up at Amazon for $7 or $8. The various bases that come with it look like a pretty decent deal for the price though.

glenn bradley
07-18-2007, 6:55 PM
There have been a couple members who have commented on owning these maybe they'll chim in. I have the VS Colt and find the VS to be essential for the way I use the tool. If you're just laminate trimming, maybe not so important(?).