PDA

View Full Version : My wife is starting to understand....

pete hagan
07-18-2007, 5:33 PM
My wife, who has a normal job, never really understands what I do even though she helps me on events. That said every time I buy a piece of equipment she asks WHY do you need that???

So when redecorating my daughter's bedroom I finally gave her a reason for the laser. This took about 20 minutes (including graphics) for 10 - 30 cent flowers from IKEA. This little personalization she understands. Now I have to engrave 100 glass coffee mugs for her nursing conference, at no charge I might add.

Not fancy but just another idea for you out there.

Pete

Shane Turner
07-18-2007, 7:44 PM
100 Mugs. Ouch! That'd take me all day. Prime opportunity to teach her how to use the laser ;)

Anthony Anderson
07-18-2007, 8:48 PM
Pete, Very nice work. Sometimes we have to personalize it to our wife's taste. Then she can say, "Oh Honey, that is amazing! How did you ever do that?" You just let her wonder in amazement. Then the next tool purchase is easier. Very colorful flowers.

BTW, how do you like the Chinese Rabbit laser? Any good or bad points that you could share? Are there regional reps that handle any problems, and such? Thanks for sharing. Bill

Mike Hood
07-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Now I have to engrave 100 glass coffee mugs for her nursing conference, at no charge I might add.

I did 250 wine glasses for a wedding just a few months back. I was charging $2.50 each for the engraving (he bought the blanks), but I tell ya... come about glass #200, the monotony REALLY sets in.

They'd engrave in a little over a minute, but you were constantly in the laser loading glasses. Seemed like it took forever. :(

Vicky Orsini
07-20-2007, 10:49 AM
... come about glass #200, the monotony REALLY sets in. Good Heavens! I did about 3 dozen beer mugs for a group of motorcycle riders, and after the first dozen I was about to pass out from sheer boredom. 250 glasses ... I'd be comatose after the first 50! :eek:

Jim A. Walters
07-22-2007, 9:01 PM
So, It makes me wonder if you could write off the entire business as therapy for ADD types like me :)

(My wife does the production runs, and I do the intriguing and one off jobs!)

Mike Hood
07-27-2007, 8:26 PM
Good Heavens! I did about 3 dozen beer mugs for a group of motorcycle riders, and after the first dozen I was about to pass out from sheer boredom. 250 glasses ... I'd be comatose after the first 50! :eek:

It is pretty brain-numbing... but if you're counting the cash as they load, you start playing games with "How quick can I make a hundred bucks?"