PDA

View Full Version : New member

Russell Tribby
07-17-2007, 6:46 PM
I've spent a lot of time the past few days on the creek and it is all because of the newest member of our family. May I introduce to you my new hip!!! The xray is kind of dark and it's hard to see the bone structure but the implant is clearly visible. I had a hip resurfacing done on my left hip last week and have been sidelined since. I haven't done anything in the shop and it may be another week or so until I'll be able to. I'm only 31 so I'm hoping the recovery goes quickly. I've learned a lot this last week reading all the posts and I looked forward to picking up more from you guys.

frank shic
07-17-2007, 6:51 PM
how did a young guy like yourself end up requiring hip surgery?

Russell Tribby
07-18-2007, 10:24 AM
A combination of arthritis and overuse. The joint was really deteriorated and I had a lot of bone spurs in it. I've got a long recovery ahead of me but I'm hoping to be back in the shop soon.

Greg Cole
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the Creek Russ. I think you'll find more than you have time to look at here.... some very helpful & knowledgable peeps in these here waters. We're also all pic-o-holics here, no pics means it doesn't exist or didn't happen....:rolleyes:
I feel your pain about the hip... I'm a stately 32 and have had arthritis in my right shoulder since I was 27. Nothing can really be done to help it other than don't do things that either bother it or will (most things over shoulder height aren't good that night or the next day). I deal with it and won't give in to the 'scrips the doc's want to gimme, living on anti-inflamtories & pills isn't for me (I am the odd ball who opts out of local anesthetics etc, I drive the doc's bug nuts :D ). All I tell the doc's is "I know my shoulder is there, it talks to me constantly".
Best of luck on the long road ahead....

Greg