PDA

View Full Version : web site question

Tom Sweeney
01-18-2004, 11:12 PM
I just wanted to post this here to cover all the bases. I've received several PM's regarding the FreedomPens.US web site.

To be clear - the web site is currently in the "rough draft"stage. I temporarily posted it on my own web site, to expedite things, just to solicited feedback & general comments. For example the question of the pen I used was resolved when Jason posted about a red, white & blue pen that Ken had made (which I hadn't seen) & Ken then posted the pic for me to copy. It's not yet ready for public consumption. Hopefully, my time permitting, It will be ready to go live by tomorrow, maybe Wednesday at the latest. At that time the site will be transferred to SMC's servers and we can start pointing other turners to it to sign up.

I will post a new thread here when I feel it is ready for prime time & Keith has had a chance to look it over. Until then all feedback is appreciated - but keep in mind that until then there will be times when links don't work etc... This happens when I am working on it & have to stop to do something else, before I finish the part I'm working on.

Larry Gottlieb
01-20-2004, 7:31 PM
Hi: When I first saw mention of this program on the penturners website, I went to the site mentioned and I was pleased to see that the corian and oak pen I had made was on the site.When I went back the next day the photo was replaced.

I used corian sample squares for the red white and blue bands.

This is a great program and I have started to turn pens to send.

It would be a benefit, if in addition to the chrome slimline kits, we could purchase the plastic sleeves at the same time.

Feel free to continue using the red white and blue pen photo.

By the way I have read messages about the site, but don't know how to get there.I didn't save the url.

Larry Gottlieb

Tom Sweeney
01-20-2004, 7:44 PM
Glad to have you on board. I'm doing the web site. I found your pen on a site Scott Greaves noted in a post. I thought it was perfect & grabbed it real quick. After I thought about it I didn't have permission to use it so I sent Scott a note if he could contact you. In the mean time Ken sent me the new pen & said I could use it.
I'll put a pic of yours back on the site under the samples if that'sOK.

sorry for the mix up.
Web Site URL: www.FreedomPens.US

Hi: When I first saw mention of this program on the penturners website, I went to the site mentioned and I was pleased to see that the corian and oak pen I had made was on the site.When I went back the next day the photo was replaced.

I used corian sample squares for the red white and blue bands.

This is a great program and I have started to turn pens to send.

It would be a benefit, if in addition to the chrome slimline kits, we could purchase the plastic sleeves at the same time.

Feel free to continue using the red white and blue pen photo.

By the way I have read messages about the site, but don't know how to get there.I didn't save the url.

Larry Gottlieb

Larry Gottlieb
01-20-2004, 7:49 PM
Glad to have you on board. I'm doing the web site. I found your pen on a site Scott Greaves noted in a post. I thought it was perfect & grabbed it real quick. After I thought about it I didn't have permission to use it so I sent Scott a note if he could contact you. In the mean time Ken sent me the new pen & said I could use it.
I'll put a pic of yours back on the site under the samples if that'sOK.

sorry for the mix up.

Tom: You can use the picture in any way you choose.

Larry