PDA

View Full Version : Wood blanks - I'll have a bunch soon

Todd Burch
01-18-2004, 7:41 PM
One of my wood suppliers has agreed to save me rippings over this next week (that's all I wanted to ask for at this time - about a pickup load). Tomorrow morning, at his request, I will call to remind him of the types of wood that we want. I will tell him premium domestic hardwoods. He knows the sizes we need.

My plan is to go pick them up Friday of next week (Jan 23). I will then chop blanks to length and cull out any stock not fit for pens.

By Friday, I would like some address of where to send these. I have no idea how much shipping will be, but if someone could help with the shipping fees, my grocery budget would be appreciative.

So far, Tom Sweeney and Dennis Peacock have sent me their addresses. I'll probably get some 1 cubic foot boxes, or so, to hold a batch of blanks. That's probably enough for one person at a time, but if you want more than 1 box, let me know.

If you want wood, send me an email or private message this week along with your address. If you have a preference for wood, or against certain woods (allergies, etc.) let me know that too, and I'll do what I can to satisfy your request. In my previous post, I mentioned all types of wood that I had available, however, I would rather recycle rippings at this point in the program.

It's a good thing that I'm not a turner - 'cuz I'd be SMOKIN' you all on turning out pens!!! (heh, heh, heh!!)

Hey Keith, how about a little competition "carrot" for these turners? Perhaps some vendors will oblige. I'll check locally this next week.

Todd

Waymon Campbell
01-18-2004, 10:46 PM
Todd - Since I'm not a turner either, let me know if I can help with the shipping costs (or anything else).

Waymon...