PDA

View Full Version : Kits and Donated Blanks

Ken Salisbury
01-18-2004, 6:54 PM
I plan to arrange bulk buy/shipment from one of the kit suppliers. These parts will come in bulk and I will repackage the number ordered in a single bag (re: xx sets in a single zip lock bag). My intentions are to purchase slimline chrome finished kit parts. I believe under the environment conditions those would be more durable than 24K plating.

There have been several posts and e-mails about people having blanks to donate and want to know where to send them. Already well over 500 blanks waiting to go somewhere. If you have blanks you have several options:

1. You can make a seperate thread here asking who needs blanks and arrange to ship to them. This is a way of eliminating double shipping costs (re:you to a distribution point and then to a user).

2. You can hold off for a few days and if I get this 'bulk parts" deal solidified then you can ship some blanks to me which I can package and ship with kits for those people who order kits and need blanks. I don't want all the blanks shipped to me - only enough to include with kits for those who order them.

3. Find a pen turning "buddy" and team up with him/her.

Be patient if you have already cut or have blanks for the program and hold them until we get both feet on the ground.

You can use option 1. right away.

We are all anxious to get off quickly on this program, but we need to make sure we have the right plans in place to be as successful as possible in an efficient manner. So lets not get rushed on this. Remember this program is less than 3 days old.

Keep in mind "Rome was not built in a day, but it was burned in one night"