PDA

View Full Version : Humidor

Jay MacDougall
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
This is my latest, for my father. Woods are mahogany and birdseye maple. Made a bad decision with the color of the grain filler I used, will be using clear from here on out. This one is a monster, 13" x 9" x 6", will hold about 75 - 100 cigars. Thanks for looking.

Larry Fox
07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Very nice - can we see the inside? I am interested in such a project so any detail that you can / are willing to provide on the construction is much appreciated. What type of glue did you use? Is it spanish cedar with a veneer or just a spanish cedar lining? Can you share some detail about how you acheived the seal? How about the finish - clear lacquer, French Polish, etc?

Thanks in advance for your time and it really is a nice piece.

Jay MacDougall
07-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I use 1/4" spanish cedar on the inside, titebond II on all joints and I used biscuits at the mitered corners. The cedar stands about 1/8" above all the sides, which gives me a good seal when the lid closes. The finish was just tung oil and lacquer buffed with car polishes.

Alan Greene
07-16-2007, 3:11 PM
Jay the Humidor looks great. I really like the way you detailed it. Thanks for sharing it.