PDA

View Full Version : Schwarz seminar on workbenches at Lie-Nielsen

Louis Bois
07-16-2007, 8:34 AM
I'll start the post by telling y'all that I wasn't there...couldn't make it but really wish circumstances had been different.

...but there is SOMEONE on this forum who WAS there and I'm hoping he can chime in and tell us about his experience? with glossy photos? and observations? and critique on the curry chicken wraps?

...no names, but he is quite fond of wine...especially at the end of a project. Now who could THAT be?!?:D

Oh...and how did the "Albatross" fly BTW?!?:rolleyes:

Dave Anderson NH
07-16-2007, 9:21 AM
I didn't take but a few pix, and those were of the bench Chris had made. I'll do a review tonight when I get the chance to upload the pix from the camera to the computer.

By the way Louis, what spy told you that I was there?

Wilbur Pan
07-16-2007, 9:37 AM
I'm not sure of Louis' source, but my source says you were there, too. I can't tell you his name, but his initials are Christopher Schwarz (http://www.woodworking-magazine.com/blog/The+Kitchen+Test+For+Workbenches.aspx). ;)

Mike K Wenzloff
07-16-2007, 10:54 AM
...By the way Louis, what spy told you that I was there?
Well, there was this pre-announcement ;)

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=620733&postcount=18

Take care, Mike

Dave Anderson NH
07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Ooops, I guess I'm both busted and hoisted on my own petard. Chris gave a fascinating seminar which I would highly recommend to anyone who has the chance to take it. If you plan to build your own bench any time in the near future this would be a almost a mandatory event to attend. I'm sure Chris' new book on benches, which will be out in October, will be great and be better than any on the books currently available. Unfortunately no matter how great the book is, it won't be able to answer your questions in real time complete with gestures, facial expressions, and tone of voice.

I will repeat myself. This is a not to be missed event if it is offered anywhere or at any time.

David Beverly
07-16-2007, 1:37 PM
I totally agree with Mr Andserson the seminar was great. Chris has done a ton of historical research on benches which really adds to his presentation. He also gave everyone who attended a handout from the latest issue of Woodworking magazine which covers the construction of his latest bench which he said is his favorite.
I must also add that if your within striking distance of Lie-Nielsen don't hesitate to visit, the staff is first rate and very friendly including Mr. Lie-Nielsen himself.