PDA

View Full Version : This will get me some pen kits.....

Bonnie Campbell
07-15-2007, 9:33 PM
I've gotten back logged on my turkey calls, but this one will get me some pen kits ;)

Zebra wood caller with a zebra striker.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/annieoakley/USHF/ZebraWedding2.jpg

Patrick Taylor
07-15-2007, 9:50 PM
I hope I'm not the only one in the dark here, but the more I see your pretty turkey calls, the more curious I am about how they are used... So.. what do you do with it? :confused:

Shane Whitlock
07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
That is a good lookin striker Bonnie ... but Im with Patrick, not sure how they work.

Happy Turning,
Shane Whitlock

Bernie Weishapl
07-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Bonnie that is a beauty. I really like the wood and finish. Yep I know how they work. Called many a turkey when bow hunting. Don't do it much anymore. This spinny thing takes up to much of my time.:cool::rolleyes:;)

Bonnie Campbell
07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Thank you.

What's showing is the bottom of the turkey call. It's usually pictured so a person can see the wood, unless a person puts a picture under a glass surface, then they'll favor the top. This call has a slate surface. To play it, they'd hold the striker in their hand like a pencil and make differing motions on the surface to sound like a turkey.

In this picture you can see the slate surface....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/annieoakley/Turkey%20calls/ViperOsagePadauk.jpg

Patrick Taylor
07-16-2007, 6:26 AM
Thank you.

What's showing is the bottom of the turkey call. It's usually pictured so a person can see the wood, unless a person puts a picture under a glass surface, then they'll favor the top. This call has a slate surface. To play it, they'd hold the striker in their hand like a pencil and make differing motions on the surface to sound like a turkey.

Got it! Thanks. :)

Mike Ramsey
07-16-2007, 9:51 AM
... So.. what do you do with it? :confused:
Use it to call a Turkey...maybe in Idaho, 1-800-TURKEY.

Great looking calls Bonnie!!