PDA

View Full Version : 1st Celtic Knot

Mike A. Smith
07-15-2007, 7:21 PM
There was no design work on this at all. It was supposed to be just a proof of concept thing. I grabbed a piece of maple spindle stock and some dark mystery wood from a box and started cutting. Once I saw that everything almost lined up I decided I might as well try to turn it into something. I came up with a candle stick, but the base was too small to be stable. So, back to the grab box again and I turned a base (don't know what that wood is either; I wish they would label the grab box wood, maybe I would learn something). So the form and wood choices are little haphazard.

LOML went bonkers over it! This is now (part) of her anniversary present. I tried to tell her I would make her a nice one, she says she'll take another one but she's keeping this one. Oh well, what do I know?

My thanks to Curt Fuller for showing how these are really supposed to look and for sharing his method for creating them!

Ron Erickson
07-15-2007, 9:41 PM
Mike that Knot turned out great I am working on one too, hope mine turns out that good.

Bernie Weishapl
07-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Mike that is a great knot. Excellent job.

Keith Burns
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Great job on the knot Mike !! It's great that your wife likes it too. Makes buying more tools easier:D