PDA

View Full Version : GREX P635 = Cool!

Bruce Page
07-15-2007, 2:34 PM
I ordered this GREX P635 23ga. micro-pinner from the good folks at “The Fastener Company” (www.thefastenercompany.com) a couple of weeks ago. At 2.2 pounds this little guy packs a pretty good punch. I shot several 3/8” pins into some ¼” white oak with zero marring of the wood and no splitting – even very close to the edge. (I missed the edge a couple of times.):rolleyes:
This guy will be very handy for picture frame work or whenever I need a very small nail to tack things together.

Gary Keedwell
07-15-2007, 3:21 PM
Congratulations...I have almost pulled the trigger on the 632 Grex several times. Could be my next purchase in the near future. Keep us informed on how you like it.:)
Gary K.

Larry Rasmussen
07-15-2007, 5:07 PM
First, congrats of course. It's nice to find a really sweet tool that improves work life. I replaced all our interior doors, dutifully distributed a bunch of trim to 3 or 4 locations in the house and looked at it for a year. I just hate trimming. Bought the Grex and using the 1 3/8 pins on the MDF trim and baseboard- works like a dream in half the time. I trimmed out an opening for a pass through in oak trim too and it worked just as well. Just so easy to fill in those tiny holes, the ones you can see anyway.

I am starting to leave it readily available in the shop to tack down glued stuff or spacers. Just glued up several 2 X 3 pieces of ply two at a time for a work/utility table with a double thick base and top. I got the first pair of panels clamped and every time I looked at it it slid a little. Next one I put in two 1/2 pigs diagonally then did my clamping, didn't budge. Nice tool.

Larry

Brad Townsend
07-15-2007, 5:12 PM
You beat me to it, Bruce. I had that very package delivered two days ago. Would recommend the Fastener Company, as I ordered on a Sunday, it shipped on Monday from California, and I had it (UPS ground) in Illinois on Friday. Have only had a chance for a few test firings with it, but am very pleased.

Gary Keedwell
07-15-2007, 8:27 PM
Just curious....did any of you guys order any of the stainless pins and do you see ordering them in the future?
Gary K.

Don Bullock
07-15-2007, 9:20 PM
I have the Bostitch HP118K 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch 23 Gauge Pin Nailer on order from Amazon. It's nice to see the results you got from a 23 gauge pinner. I also have some oak molding to "tack" down. Using it on picture frames sounds like a great idea.

Brad Townsend
07-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Just curious....did any of you guys order any of the stainless pins and do you see ordering them in the future?
Gary K.
I didn't order any. Can't really say whether I would or not. If I run into a project that's going outside though, seems like stainless would have some advantages.

Gary Keedwell
07-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Yea , maybe I'm overly cautious. Just thinking about how alot of WW's aren't plugging the tiny holes and the moisture and all....:confused: Ah, I don't think Ill order any either.:rolleyes:
Gary K.

frank shic
07-15-2007, 11:35 PM
bruce, how did you choose the 635 over the 630 and the 645? i'm also very interested in getting one of those guns in the future to free up clamps on raised panel doors.

Bruce Page
07-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Gary, I didn’t order any SS pins either.
Frank, I picked the GREX P635 based on high praise in one of the WW magazines and positive comments here at SMC.