PDA

View Full Version : Vegas WW show July 18

Will Blick
07-15-2007, 2:29 AM
For those who have attended this show in the past.... do many of the vendors offer "show specials", and if so, is it cash n carry, or take the order and we ship later?

TYIA

Jim Becker
07-15-2007, 3:09 AM
"In general" unless you arrange your purchase of larger items prior to the show, your merchandise will be shipped to you. That also goes for many vendors, such as Lee Valley. Sometimes there are show floor demo machines still not sold prior to the show, but it's not usually the "popular" tools; rather, it's the more specialized ones. And in that case, you'l need to have your transportation available at the end of the last day of the show.

If you are referring to the industrial show in Vegas, (AWFS), there likely will not be a lot of vendors that are selling anything "cash and carry" since it's a pro show. Some, but not like the touring hobbyist shows.

BTW, Will...Welcome to SMC!!

Will Blick
07-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Jim.... thanks for the hearty welcome!

I was referring mainly to hand power tools, Leigh jigs, etc. I never visited this show before, but figured they would offer specials since they have so many buyers at their fingertips....sure is a big show.

Frank Kobilsek
07-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Bill
There is some cash and carry business on smaller items. On machinery the demo models are ussually available for pick up at the local dealer after the show.

I'm here setting up at AWFS for my company. As a turner I've already been around to look at the lathes.

Powermatic will have Micheal Johanas (spelling) turning Hats on the 3520 and Nick Cook on thier Jet products. Woodworkers Supply will have Creeker Nancy Laird turning, Delta looks like they will have a demo on thier steel bed, Laguna is showing CNC attachment on thier lathe.

Frank

Nancy Laird
07-16-2007, 11:00 AM
But any items sold AT THE SHOW carry Nevada sales tax, and a lot of the vendors don't even apply for Nevada tax numbers, so they may give you a code to call and order the machinery or tools from their distribution center for delivery to your home. Saves a lot of money for the buyer and a lot of paperwork and hassle for the seller.

Thanks for the plug, Frank.

Nancy

Rick Levine
07-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Nancy,

Now that takes guts! A newbee turner, turning in front of all those people.

Paul Kinneberg
07-16-2007, 7:29 PM
I managed to spend $$$$ at the pro show in atlanta last summer Some items were shipped some I took with me. FYI don't try to carry on a Woodworker II they will stop you (forgot to pack it in my suitcase). I look forward to the show in Vegas this week I had never been to one before it was unbelievable experience.