PDA

View Full Version : A little vet bill humor

mark page
07-14-2007, 5:44 PM
OK, time to have a little humor here. I have had pets all my life and would do anything for them inside of rediculous measures (rediculous depends on the individual situation I guess) and I respect that. This is just for humor purposes only and is the best CLEAN joke that I have ever heard. I posted it with the original vet bill thread, but don't want to offend anyone with the humor, so will start a new one just for this.

A frantic lady goes to the vet with a closed shoebox. She opens the lid and inside is a parrot. The vet determines that this parrot is dead and offers his condolences. (Parrot is stiff as a 2x6 native oak board and can grab him by his feet and use him as a mallet). Now lady is hysterical and takes the emotions up a few clicks. She states that there is something you can do and I'm not leaving here till you do it, the parrot can't be dead. I won't take no for an answer. Hook the little wires up to him, thump his little chest, mouth to mouth resucitation, etc etc etc. The vet obliges and goes over to a door and opens it. Out comes a big Labrador Retriever dog. The dog goes over to the exam table and props both front feet up on it and looks over the bird from head to toe. The dog shakes his head and procedes back to the room. The vet then goes to a door on the other side of the room. Opens the door and a big yellow barn tomcat comes running out and hops up on the exam table. The cat then begins to sniff the bird from head to toe. Cat gives a great big grimace, shrivels up his nose, then shakes his head no. Now the vet tells the lady again the bird is dead and there is nothing that can be done about it, take the bird home and give him the ceremonial rites of your choice. The lady reluctantly agrees. The vet hands the lady the bill at this time. Lady goes berzerk, $650.00, this is outrageous, you didn't do anything other than look at the bird, how can this be? The vets reply was "If you'd have taken my word for it that the bird was dead, it would have been a standard office call charge, but with the lab report and the cat scan....................!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

John C. Wilson
07-14-2007, 7:47 PM
Well Mark, my bill would have been four times that...... I've got 4 cats.
Always enjoy good humor, a pet lover myself ....John