PDA

View Full Version : Tapered cuts and dados. Enjoy the Video.

Dino Makropoulos
07-14-2007, 4:25 PM
Hello Creekers.

Enjoy the safety and versatility of The Dead Wood Concept.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBGzoQGfUNg&mode=related&search=

Same thing can be done with a homemade shooting board and jigs.

Thanks.

Dino Makropoulos
Eurekazone.

Burt Waddell
07-14-2007, 8:23 PM
Very nice video. Shows how simple that something that would appear to be difficult can be.

Michael Schwartz
07-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I have tried this one myself and it really is that EZ :D

John Stevens
07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Same thing can be done with a homemade shooting board and jigs.

LOL! Seriously, though, very impressive what you can do with a guide rail that's rigid instead of flexible.

Regards,

John

Don Bergren
07-15-2007, 1:05 PM
This is a very nice way to make a difficult cut. I can think of times when having the ability to easily cut a tapered dado would have been very useful. I would always have thought of a radial arm saw being the best tool for such a cut, but this shows that no radial arm saw is needed.

Dino Makropoulos
07-16-2007, 5:46 PM
Hi Guys.
That was a clear example of the Dead Wood Concept.
Thanks for the nice reply's. :cool:

Michael Schwartz
07-16-2007, 6:46 PM
I could build a tablesaw jig to do this, and I could make it reasonibly safe, and it would get the job done, but it is just so simple to set it up and so fool proof and it takes no setup.

We all know about the long thread on Freehanding on the tablesaw. We all know the feeling when that temptation comes to mind with some odd angled or tapered cut, when you just wan't to mark it out with out having to set up a jig or a miter gauge. The Ez Smart just makes this so easy, to the point of which I never really think "How do I make this cut safely".

It is just so great being able to put the peice on the table, drop the bridge, line it up, and cut. You can also very easily line up one tapered peice, screw a few stops onto the table, and you can make as many of that cut as you want, without making any jigs.

Anyway I am off to work on a mobile base for my powerbench, I will post some pictures later.