PDA

View Full Version : Finally made it to the Turners group today

Bill Wyko
07-14-2007, 4:14 PM
Well I finally got to join the group today. What a bunch of great guys. Lots of knowledge and just a good time. Everyone welcomed me like family. Got some good info on doing lidded work and with more time there is a wealth of knowledge to be had from every member. Plus I got to see a Chuck I'm going to want to get. It's too bad I work on Saturdays but My crew now knows I'll be late once a month.:) Thanks to everyone in the club for the warm welcome.

Pat Salter
07-14-2007, 10:36 PM
of course their great guys, they're desperate for new blood, haha, just kidding. clubs are almost as good as one-on-one training. almost.

Gordon Seto
07-14-2007, 11:38 PM
At our Club, you can get one on one mentoring for free. We have a list of mentors, you can choose any of them according to the specialty or location that suits you.

Our Club is holding some hands-on pens and dry flower vase (political correct term for weed pot) turning sessions for YMCA campers. We have 10 Club lathes for 10 teens campers; each week we have more assistants than attendees. They are getting more than one to one attention.

I am sure you are going to have as much enjoyment as I did.

Gordon

Bernie Weishapl
07-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Sounds like you had a great time Bill. Wish I had a club closer to me. That would be nice.