PDA

View Full Version : Sign Design and Fabrication Forum

Keith Outten
07-14-2007, 11:51 AM
This Forum will serve multiple techniques such as Dye-Sublimation, Color Laser Printer Transfers (CLT), Vinyl Cutting, Sand Blasting, Laser Engraved, CNC Routing and any other processes that are used to produce signs.

Stephen Beckham
07-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks - Keith

Keith Outten
07-15-2007, 8:43 AM
Your welcome Stephen. I hope this Forum is very active, it's no secret that I make a few signs myself :)

Yesterday Jackie and I found a used George Knight 16" by 14" heat press in the classifieds and were able to pick it up at a reasonable price. Our second heat press is welcome since our first is to large for many of the traditional dye-sub jobs and was limited to 350 degrees F. The big press (24" by 30") has been used mostly for Corian thermal bending and Corian dye-sublimation tasks and wasn't the best choice for T-Shirts and other small jobs.

Our new mug press is getting pretty active these days even though we haven't decided how we are going to market it locally yet. Our goal for a long time has been to add traditional dye-sub products to our sign business, not as a primary activity but to enhance our high end sign design and fabrication work. We don't want our customers to have to go to our competitors to get promotional items.

Leo Voisine
08-05-2007, 1:02 PM
I personally think this is awesome.

You will see me in here - mostly asking questions.

If I ever get to the point where I can intellegently contribute - I will do that too.

Ray Mighells
08-10-2007, 9:08 PM
Is there a source for a variety of sign profiles. Square, rectangle and circle are ok, they just aren't pretty. I'd like some that shout, "Hey! Look at me! I'm pretty, but I also have a message."

Joe Pelonio
08-11-2007, 12:33 AM
This sort of thing? There are plenty of vector templates in Corel clipart.

http://www.kovacssignsgroup.com/sign-blanks/sign-blanks-01a.htm

http://www.bettersigns.com/html/stockshapes.asp

Ray Mighells
08-11-2007, 11:37 PM
Those are good Joe, thanks. That Corel file is hard to read for some reason, I've used a few of them, but a lot of them are real busy or change in appearance after they're sized. The clean profiles are easy to read.

Keith Outten
12-21-2007, 4:58 AM
The best vector sign blanks I have ever found are the 3 CD's from Vector Art.

Bob Cole
03-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I sent VectorArt an e-mail about the Vector Art Mega Collections for the $99 and received an e-mail reply that if you order over the phone 800-597-0688, the price is $120 including shipping.

If you go to the web site, the price shows $299 with no indication of a sale or discount.