PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Al Gore

Tom Collins
07-13-2007, 7:40 PM
Thank goodness for the global warming awareness concerts last weekend. I can't believe how quickly it has cooled down since all that feel-good energy was blasted into the atmosphere.

TC

Gary Keedwell
07-13-2007, 8:33 PM
Thank goodness for the global warming awareness concerts last weekend. I can't believe how quickly it has cooled down since all that feel-good energy was blasted into the atmosphere.

TC
After a big BOMB like that, the temperature probably went up a couple degrees.:p

Gary K.

Pat Germain
07-16-2007, 1:18 PM
Now matter how one feels about this issue, I think we can all agree it was just plain ridiculous for that model, who lost her boyfriend in the Indonesian tsunami, to blame global warming. She described it as a "cry for help" from nature.

As far as I know, not even Al Gore is blaming global warming for undersea earthquakes. :rolleyes:

Cliff Rohrabacher
07-16-2007, 2:10 PM
Now matter how one feels about this issue, I think we can all agree it was just plain ridiculous for that model, who lost her boyfriend in the Indonesian tsunami, to blame global warming. She described it as a "cry for help" from nature.

As far as I know, not even Al Gore is blaming global warming for undersea earthquakes. :rolleyes:

Oh Global Warming absolutely causes earth quakes and it causes killer asteroids to hit the planet.

I understand global warming will cause the Sun to go supernova.

Ken Garlock
07-16-2007, 2:17 PM
Oh come on, Pat. :confused:

Don't you know that the global warming causes the earth to expand and crack the earth's crust which in turn causes underwater landslides that generate the tsunami.:eek: I think Al G. might have discovered that.;)

Gary Keedwell
07-16-2007, 2:34 PM

Some politics are absolutely shameless. I'm not even going to talk about Hurricane Katrina.
Gary K.

John Schreiber
07-16-2007, 6:19 PM
I guess there's no question that there are stupid people who promote global warming. But unless this a purely political thread to make fun of those stupid people, what are we discussing here?

Ken Garlock
07-16-2007, 6:27 PM
I guess there's no question that there are stupid people who promote global warming. But unless this a purely political thread to make fun of those stupid people, what are we discussing here?

John, I thought we were going for a PHD. You know, Piled Higher and Deeper.:D

Gary Keedwell
07-16-2007, 7:56 PM
I don't know...I thought we were discussing how the alarmists are blaming the earth's natural disasters (tsunami, hurricanes, tornatoes etc.) on the earth's natural temperature fluctuations.:rolleyes:

Gary K.

Pat Germain
07-16-2007, 10:14 PM

I thought we were discussing Live Earth. The model I referred to made her misguided comment during the Live Earth broadcast.

In the case of Live Earth, I find it very interesting that even global warming alarmists were skeptical of the whole effort.

Also, I think Live Earth is a good example of how the issue of global warming is being exploited by people to further their own agendas, popularity and persuits of profit.

I think Live Earth gives us a good opportunity to discuss the activist movement surrounding global warming because, I believe, it can be discussed no matter which side of the issue one sits. Surely, even those genuinely concerned about man's affects on global climate have got to question people who claim they are "carbon neutral" because they own property with trees; and will even "sell" the trees to other people wanting to be carbon neutral.

All these issues were well illustrated by Live Earth. I think it actually did more harm than good for the cause.

Dennis Peacock
07-17-2007, 2:58 AM
This thread has been lock due to political nature of this thread.

Please remember...let's keep politics outside of SMC.