PDA

View Full Version : I think you'll like these

Ray Mighells
07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
My blower went kapoot last night, so I took some pics of the stuff I was working on. All the pieces are ceramic tile 4.25 sq or 6" sq, or black granite. Most are made from pics I took off my monitor screen because I still can't download them. The source is: WildAnimalsPix.com. Some really great pics there if you like the wild animals. I hope you don't mind clicking into my PT albums, there's about 15 pics and some people enjoy looking at my other stuff. Incidently, these are engraved from the inverted greyscale image. I don't know why they are nicer than the ones I get thru Photograv. The ceramic tiles are painted flat black prior to engraving, then a good heavy wet coat of poly after.Here's the link: http://www.PictureTrail.com/razaxnstuff Hope you enjoy them..

Frank Corker
07-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Ray, fine job you have done there. We must discuss at some time though about feathering the edges of your pictures before they engrave. You should take some time to blend them so that the edge is not as clearly defined. That said, they look mighty impressive and the wood clocks look fantastic.

Jess Rowley
07-13-2007, 3:33 PM
I know it's not what you were talking about, but WOW those watermelon carvings are amazing! I've never seen anything like that before. How long does it take to do those? And what do you do with them afterwards, eat them? :p It's too bad they can't be saved forever because they really are so cool looking.

Michael Vaughn
07-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Vrey cool stuff - and I concur about the Watermelons!

Mike Hood
07-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Very nice Ray. I'd seen your album before when searching around the Internet looking for laser examples. Ironically, your pictures were part of what made me decide to buy my laser .

I suppose I should thank you? :eek:

I won't tell my wife who you are though. :D

Ray Mighells
07-16-2007, 3:04 PM
Mike, I'm not sure if you want to thank me or curse me. Many times I ask myself what I got myself into?? The learning curve on Corel Draw is very steep for me and I'm still on the very low end. As to the Carved Watermelons, I have to admit I didn't carve them, nor had it ever occurred to me to try to carve a Watermelon. I haven't even carved a pumpkin. Those carvings were done by entrants in a carving competition in Japan several years ago. I've had them in my PictureTrail albums several years, and I generally get as many comments on them as my wood carvings. My new blower should be here tomorrow, so back to work. Anybody out there having any luck at arts and crafts shows??