PDA

View Full Version : Festool Domino Question

Jim Summers
07-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Hello All,

Starting to look at the next potential major tool purchase. I have been keeping my eye on the domino. It seems in all of the product tours and demos, I see the DC connected is always the DC system from festool.

Is that the only option? Being space limited I would hope I could simply purchase the hose. Then attach that somehow to my existing 4" DC.

Ideas / Suggestions?

TIA

Randy Klein
07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Jim, I was in a similar situation. I tried the shop vac adapter thingy from Home Depot and used my Ridgid shop vac. It worked, but that adapter thing was always in the way and never fit just right.

I then ordered a festool vac hose for $50, which attaches perfectly domino and also attaches to the shop vac. I also tried attaching it to a DC with a converter. But the DC didn't have enough suction to get the chips as well as the shop vac did. Some of the chips never made it to the DC, just settled in the hose.

So, I now use the Festool hose and Ridgid shop vac. Works great, just noisy. I will upgrad the shop vac in the future, but it's not necessary to get a Festool...

James Biddle
07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
You can buy a Festool hose and hook it up to any shop vac with a standard 2.5" outlet. I wouldn't think a DC has enough suction to evacuate the chips fast enough.