PDA

View Full Version : Amazon order

John W Parker
07-12-2007, 8:01 PM
Back in the first week in June. I ordered a Incra saw fence, the LS32 for my Jet saw. When I ordered it the page showed two left in stock. The next morning I got an e-mail saying that the item was on backorder from the supplier. The new ship date was two weeks later.So two weeks pass and I get another e-mail saying the item is still on backorder from the supplier. I start to get concerned so I e-mail Incra direct. The return e-mail says that all orders for Amazon have been filled and there are no pending orders or any back orders. Here I am acouple of weeks later and just got my fifth e-mail saying the item is still on backorder. Is anyone else having problems with Amazon or Incra?
John

Craig D Peltier
07-12-2007, 8:53 PM
Back in the first week in June. I ordered a Incra saw fence, the LS32 for my Jet saw. When I ordered it the page showed two left in stock. The next morning I got an e-mail saying that the item was on backorder from the supplier. The new ship date was two weeks later.So two weeks pass and I get another e-mail saying the item is still on backorder from the supplier. I start to get concerned so I e-mail Incra direct. The return e-mail says that all orders for Amazon have been filled and there are no pending orders or any back orders. Here I am acouple of weeks later and just got my fifth e-mail saying the item is still on backorder. Is anyone else having problems with Amazon or Incra?
John

Was the shipper amazon? Sometimes its another company. Ive had stuff not arrive that way.Luckily got my money back. I have been ordering a quite a bit from amazon and no problems.

Wes Bischel
07-12-2007, 9:20 PM
John,
Give them a call - (800) 201-7575 (the number worked the last time I used it.)
They usually get things worked out.

Good luck,
Wes

Anthony Anderson
07-12-2007, 9:41 PM
Amazon has always come through for me. I ordered an 2 stage 80 gallon air compressor that was supposed to be delayed until late August. I received it last Friday, with liftgate service. Call them, as Wes suggested, they will work with you to make it right. IMHO, I believe that Amazon has set the customer service bar pretty high, which has made other retailers, online and bricks and mortar, step up or lose their customers. Before I order or buy from anywhere else, I check Amazon 1st. With Amazon Prime, I can have it on my doorstep, usually before I have a chance to make it to the store. Good Luck. Bill

David G Baker
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I too have had wonderful service when dealing with Amazon. Amazon will get on the seller to fix the problem or drop them from their service. The seller needs Amazon more than Amazon needs them. I hope that Amazon keeps up the good service, as long as they do they will have me for a customer.

John W Parker
07-13-2007, 6:41 AM
Thanks for the replys. Amazon is the shipper on this item. I have called them twice on this item. I get the same response as in the e-mails, The item is on backorder from the supplier. When I contacted Incra they said that there are no orders pending with Amazon and no backorders. The person on the phone said they have been contacted before on this problem with Amazon.

John W Parker
07-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Well after another couple of calls and having to aprove the delayed shipping date I finally canceled the order. I Will not use Amazon again. Now I know why they have the best prices, They never ship the items! I will save up some more and buy the item from the nearest retailer, they are 150 miles away.

Wes Bischel
07-14-2007, 1:24 PM
That's a real bummer John. So far my luck has been good with them, but life's too short for the aggravation. I hope you have good luck finding the fence for a good price - and - in stock.

Wes

glenn bradley
07-14-2007, 1:41 PM
My dad is still waiting on a Triton router that has been pushed out a couple of times. I understand from Woodcraft that they are waiting on a shipment as well so maybe that one, at least, is right.

Dave Hale
07-14-2007, 4:39 PM
Incra stuff, Woodpeck or Big Leroy's Tool Shack on *bay. Both have been great for me. Never a problem.

Anthony Anderson
07-14-2007, 8:56 PM
John, sorry for your frustration. But in all fairness, Amazon asked for your approval for the delay. You had the option of accepting or rejecting. You rejected. Amazon sells in such a volume that is too large for us to even begin to grasp. I have ordered one item in the past that has been cancelled, I was disappointed, but not a big deal. And I certainly did not stop purchasing from them because of that one mishap. I always try to give a company the benefit of the doubt, and let the order continue until, worst case, they cancel it. If it is something that I need in a hurry, and they delay the order, I simply cancel the order and then order from another company. No harm done. I understand that when we order an item, we want it yesterday, but sometimes the world just does not work on our wishes. Other than the one item that was cancelled by Amazon, I have been extremely pleased with their service. So that disproves your statement, "Now I know why they have the best prices, They never ship the items." I get very good prices AND excellent service from Amazon. Again sorry for your frustration, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the number of orders that Amazon cancels is a minute percentage of their total sales. Remember the old quote, "You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time". It even holds true today. Bill

Michael Gibbons
07-14-2007, 9:39 PM
I just want to know why they lied to him about the item being in stock? Todays computers can automatically delete an item when it is sold and shipped so there really is no excuse.

John W Parker
07-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I probably should have explained why I am a little bit bothered by the service I got. I will start at the beginning. I first placed the order for the fence in the middle of May. I did opt for the free shipping. When I placed the order, The title page said two left in stock. The e-mail I got said the item was backordered and estimated ship date was two weeks. So two weeks go by and it the 2nd or 3rd of June. I got another e-mail stating that there was a delay from the disributor and delivery would be delayed about a week, I was OK with this at the time. When I checked my order the next morning I noticed that there was a sale in effect for the month of June, 20% off. I called customer support and asked if my order would qualify for the 20% off becouse it had not shipped. Iwas told that it only applied for orders placed in the month of June. I canceled my first order and reordered the same day. This was June 5. Because of the discount I opted for two day delivery. This is when the e-mails started that needed my approval for keeping the order open. Every two days I had to sign in and OK the order. After three weeks of this, I called customer support twice. I got the same story both times. The second person changed my order to ship what is available instead of wait for all items, thinking that they would ship the components seperately. She said two of the components showed that they were in stock and they should ship the next day. That was over a week ago. I have to travel the next couple of work days so I would'nt be able to OK the delayed ship. This was my first order with Amazon. Didn't leave a very good impression. I guess I shouldn't have said what I did about Amazon but I still refuse to use them.

Randy Denby
07-15-2007, 12:40 AM
I have heard of companies waiting to place an order until they have a minimum number to order first. Say...once they have 30 units ordered, then they order from the factory. Could this be whats happening? Could explain why Incra is not showing any outstanding orders yet.:confused:

Anthony Anderson
07-15-2007, 1:41 AM
I have heard of companies waiting to place an order until they have a minimum number to order first. Say...once they have 30 units ordered, then they order from the factory. Could this be whats happening? Could explain why Incra is not showing any outstanding orders yet.:confused:

Randy, I believe your idea makes perfect sense. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers in my previous post, and I am like most others, in that I want to play with my goodies the same day I order them:eek:. But things do happen. I don't think that Amazon should have given you the run around, but I am not sure how much the phone reps are authorized to do-ask to speak to their supervisor. I only had to okay my delay once. I checked the website a couple of days later and it showed 2 air compressors in stock (air compressor is what I ordered). I called Amazon and they changed my order from "delayed" to "ship immediately". Two days later I received another "delayed" notice, which I approved. Two weeks later, IIRC, I received my air compressor, with free delivery and free lift gate service. What may have happened in my case, when it showed 2 in stock (the second time), I am guessing, is that someone in Amazon's IT dept. uploaded the page with old info on it to their server, when they really did not have the item in stock. Everyone makes mistakes though. But I waited it out and glad I did. Amazon is a large company, and, at least in my experience, they have provided outstanding service. I know how aggravating it is though. BTW, they should have given you the discount (JUNE20OFF), as they have a 30 day low price guarantee, which should have applied to your order with the code. Sometimes you have to talk to the right person, and it is worth calling back until you get the person who will work with you. Give them a another chance, and I would say you will be very happy with their service. No affliation with Amazon etc. Good Luck, and hope you get the tool you want. Regards, Bill