PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

GLENN THOMAS
07-12-2007, 6:56 PM
I was really surprised to see so many responses to my first post yesterday. Looks like I found a new home. Since there was a request for pictures here are a few. Dont ask me what kind of wood these things are because I dont know. I've looked in books and such to see if I could ID the wood but there always seems to be more than species that looks like a match. These items are from logs that I find on the side of the road when folks throw out yard waste. Anyway I was asked what kind of lathe I have and it is just a Harborfreight knock off of a JET 1236. I had a Craftsman with a tubular bed before that but it was a nightmare. After only 3 or 4 months I had so many problems Sears just gave me a refund. When I got rid of the Craftsman I took A chance with the lathe from Harborfreight and have been really happy with it so far. Please let me know what you think of the pics. I cant get a good honest critique from my wife, she says she loves everything. If I gave her a chewed up pencil she would just rant and rave over it.

GT :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
07-12-2007, 8:01 PM
Glenn aren't they great like that!!!:D:p My wife is the same way. I don't think I have much that she didn't snatch up that I could sell if I wanted to. The turniings look mighty good to me. Keep'em coming. Glad to have you aboard here Glenn.

Bonnie Campbell
07-12-2007, 8:37 PM
Very nice turnings Glenn! Also, add my welcome to the forum :)

Spouses might be bad about snatching up our turnings, but I say thank goodness for that! Better to be snatched and bragged about than throwing them at us :p

Ken Fitzgerald
07-12-2007, 9:00 PM
Nice turnings Glenn! Yup...........It's nice when the spouse feeds your addiction with admiration!

Patrick Taylor
07-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Nice stuff! Keep on posting....:)

Keith Burns
07-13-2007, 8:58 AM
Nice work Glenn !! Keep it coming !

Paul Engle
07-13-2007, 9:30 AM
Nice work Glenn, welcome aboard the " vortex" glad your lathe is working out for you , helps keep the frustration down .... but even better if TLOYL likes what you turn. :D

Jeff Bower
07-13-2007, 9:54 AM
Like I said yesterday Glenn, this is THE place to learn and improve your addiction! SMC is almost as big of an addiction as turning, almost. Keep the pics coming!

Tom Sherman
07-13-2007, 3:48 PM
Nice turnings Glenn, Welcome to the Creek btw.

Skip Spaulding
07-13-2007, 4:14 PM
Very nice Glenn. I find my wife likes to give the turnings as gifts, saves her money she thinks but I always seem to need a new tool to produce nicer gifts!

Jerry Ingraham
07-13-2007, 4:17 PM
Nice work Glenn! At the beginning stages of our turning lives, it's less about the tool and more about the technique. Keep it up!
Jerry