PDA

View Full Version : Not laser work, but thought you might be interested

Belinda Barfield
07-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Sorry Guys, Had To Delete This On Order From The Boss.

Mike Null
07-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Now that's my kind of yacht.

How did you do it?

Belinda Barfield
07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Now that's my kind of yacht.

How did you do it?

My kind of yacht, too! When you do this type of work you really get an idea of all the wonderful things money can buy.:rolleyes: The first yacht I ever did work on was 165 ft, 6000 sq ft of living space furnished with all the best furnishings, fabrics, etc. The veneer work was incredible. Makes it really hard to go home to my condo. The acrylic racks I posted are in a FeadShip, the top of the line.

Michael Kowalczyk
07-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow looks like the yacht job has many parts. What kind of material did you use? looks like MDF in some of the pictures but in the 1st one it looks like cultured marble. Also look like laminate in few pics. I remember our little old 30ft ChrisCraft Cavalier had some fixtures in the galley but nothing like these. Well the 30 footer we had 20 years ago would be a dinghy for this one. Some of these concepts are also used for high end RV's. Thanks for sharing.

Belinda Barfield
07-12-2007, 1:40 PM
See my post to Mike above. Thanks for looking.

Bill Cunningham
07-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Wow!!! That sure beats my
"All Marriages performed by the Captain of this Ship, are good for the duration of 'this' cruse only"

Yatch Signs..:p

Leigh Costello
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Wow, Belinda, how did you talk yourself out of just sailing off into the sunset as a mystery guest?!?! With living quarters like that I would ask to bring the whole family - heck ask for me, my hubby and my daughter! lol

Great job on the inserts. I would think you could market an entire line to quake prone areas like Hawaii, Japan, Callifornia.

You go girl! Make us wee lasses proud!

Belinda Barfield
07-13-2007, 8:53 AM
Leigh, I just have to share this with you even though it has nothing to do with lasers. The first yacht my company ever worked on was 265 ft. I didn't get to go on board though. The second one we worked on had a breathtaking marble floor medallion that had like a kajillion pieces, and all of the heads had bookmatched marble wall cladding, marble floors, and marble vanities. We didn't do the stone work on it, but the company that did left a huge mess behind and we were contracted to do cleanup. I spent 14 straight days on my hands and knees crawling around the floor, and in the showers removing stone adhesive with a razor blade and denatured alcohol. One of the "rules" at the shipyard is you never interact with the owners if they are on board. You deal with the captain or the chief steward. Well, the owner and his wife were on board and decided they wanted to ask lots of questions about marble. I had to interact with them in that instance, and then they told me I was to come directly to them with any questions or problems. Near the yard there is a strip club called Uncle Harry's (we call it Uncle Scary's), and some of the yard crew had suggested the wife go there for lunch!!! Luckily she asked me about the food there, not realizing what type of establishment it was, and I nearly choked!! I tried to tactfully explain to her that the food was really not worth the effort. We sort of became "friends" after that.

A year or so later the owners decided to charter out the boat and we saw an ad in a yachting magazine for it. We could have chartered it for $100,000 a week! All I could think of was how sore my knees were after cleaning all that marble!:eek:

Leigh Costello
07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Belinda,

Wow, what a clean-up! I cannot imagine doing that much marble clean-up.

Saturday my daughter and I are beginning our mother/daughter vacation - driving to Florida to stay a few days with friends. She's a great driver and soon to be a HS senior. I am sure if she saw a yacht such as you have described, she would go ape. The girl loves boats - specifically large fancy ones. :eek:

Frank Corker
07-14-2007, 8:19 AM
$100,000 a week! Boy that's cheap huh? I love the tale about the strip joint, I can but imagine your face when they suggested that you all go there for dinner! :D